2024 USA Olympic Trials Thread

J.E.B

All-Conference
Jul 8, 2001
2,344
3,421
113
A nothing burger. It happened 9 months ago at U23 worlds… he still qualified for USOT by winning NCAAs. Are you saying he shouldn’t have been allowed to wrestle in the trials?
 

Adler01

All-American
Sep 26, 2023
6,553
5,283
113
AB speaks about the situation in a snippet from the Baschamania interview that I posted in its own thread:


Tom,
Just curious because I’m wondering and a couple people have ask me about Brooks. I know it’s a very tiny issue but the Olympic board does not seem to like the USA. So is AB going to be alright ? In addition other countries would love us to only have 5 wrestlers. Would be insane if Brooks couldn’t wrestle.
 

WV lion

All-Conference
Oct 17, 2021
1,453
2,045
113
Tom,
Just curious because I’m wondering and a couple people have ask me about Brooks. I know it’s a very tiny issue but the Olympic board does not seem to like the USA. So is AB going to be alright ? In addition other countries would love us to only have 5 wrestlers. Would be insane if Brooks couldn’t wrestle.
We wouldn't only have 5. Weight is already qualified. It would be next man up, which is Taylor. Then 3rd place at trials.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Spice67
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Recruiting Stat Recap: How have Penn State's 2027 commits performed halfway through their senior seasons?
  2. 02 BWI Football What did we learn from USC coach Lincoln Riley during his first Penn State week news conference? See top takeaways here
  3. 03 BWI Football Everything Penn State coach Matt Campbell said to kick off USC week
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Which Nittany Lions are pivotal in taking down USC?
  5. 05 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State's problems - and solutions - require a 'global' approach