RIP: Robert Duvall

gbl97

All-American
Mar 12, 2002
3,655
5,568
113
RIP
 

Son_Of_Saul

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2007
45,976
102,246
113
The Apostle was virtuoso writing. Should have won the Oscar that year for best actor, and finished second to Nicholson's forgettable role in As Good As It Gets. Duvall told Jack before the Oscars that he would win because it was "political." Can't forget what he did in Lonesome Dove or Sling Blade either. He was my favorite actor of all time and the only actor I wanted to meet.

We'll never see anyone like him ever again.
 
Last edited:

Son_Of_Saul

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2007
45,976
102,246
113
This is from the season in his life when he was researching for The Apotle. He said he had an intimate interaction with Christ. Powerful stuff:

"I wasn’t getting anywhere with Hollywood, yet my work on the movie filled my soul. One Sunday in New York I visited six churches, ending up at Harlem’s vast Abyssinian Baptist Church.
There in a packed congregation before a huge choir, when we all began to sing 'What a Friend We Have in Jesus,' I found myself connected to the Lord in a way I had never felt before, deep within me." - Robert Duvall, 1998.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Recruiting Louisville's 4-star WR commit Ja'Hyde Brown will visit Kentucky this weekend
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Inside the SEC battle for the nation's No. 7 cornerback Grayden Reid
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky Football attendance is up under Will Stein, third-highest increase in the SEC
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Kentucky hosts LSU with a major flip target, top-2 QB and several blue-chippers coming to root on Will Stein and the Wildcats
  5. 05 KSR Football Lane Kiffin Salutes Stein, Prepares for Confident Kentucky Football Team