OT: My Adidas

PSUFTG

All-Conference
Nov 1, 2021
2,702
3,947
113
Nike's US Sales Revenue - the figure that matters wrt both licensing and marketing (or "NIL") dollars, the two key components of "branding" deals for college football - was over $20 Billion last year (even with a slight downturn there)

Adidas' North American revenue (which would, of course, also include Mexico - big for soccer, and Canada) was about 1/4 of that.


Having all that US-based revenue, of course, subjected Nike Corp to a bigger hit on the tariffs over the last year or two (which is now in the process of being "refunded" - as it is for other similarly situated companies)
 

ChiTownLionPSU

All-American
May 29, 2001
13,167
6,411
113
Since Sept 5 2025, when Penn State and adidas announced their partnership, Nike has lost almost HALF of its market value.

I mean, people can draw their own conclusions, but it's pretty clear that Nike's cleats are empty without Penn State driving the brand. 😎

1787078167282.png
 

ChiTownLionPSU

All-American
May 29, 2001
13,167
6,411
113
These should be the permanent uniforms for Penn State women's volleyball. Live from Wrigley right now on Fox Sports. Great job by adidas.

 

NittanyBuff

All-American
Jan 29, 2007
9,324
8,708
113
I get it's all about the $, but you get used to something, I'll miss the Nike logo until I don't, I guess.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-USC predictions: How are computer data systems and experts picking the Week 6 clash?
  2. 02 BWI Football How to watch Penn State-USC; pregame info, weather, spread, start time, more: Gameday Central
  3. 03 BWI Football Friday Penn State-USC availability reports: Did the Lions or Trojans share good injury news 23.5 hours before kickoff?
  4. 04 BWI Recruiting Inside Lasch: Everything Penn State fans need to know ahead of biggest recruiting weekend of Matt Campbell era
  5. 05 BWI Football Projecting Penn State's offensive depth chart vs. USC