I am stunned.

MidseasonTweak

Heisman
Mar 1, 2020
11,127
19,805
113
What in holy hades happened?!
Lsu was running out the clock, and I jumped in the shower and now I find out we won?
Someone give me the cliff notes on what happened.
We stopped them. They chose not to go for it on 4th and 1. Minchey proceeded to methodically drive down the field for a FG to go to OT.

LSU scores and kicks. Kentucky scores and Stein throws up his "two" hand. The rest is history.
 

Battle_Cat

All-Conference
Sep 1, 2002
5,276
1,729
113
We stopped them. They chose not to go for it on 4th and 1. Minchey proceeded to methodically drive down the field for a FG to go to OT.

LSU scores and kicks. Kentucky scores and Stein throws up his "two" hand. The rest is history.
You forgot Stein parked his wheelbarrow then threw up his "two" hand. Important step missed but I got your back...
 

bbnkat02

Heisman
Nov 14, 2017
48,331
72,088
113
What in holy hades happened?!
Lsu was running out the clock, and I jumped in the shower and now I find out we won?
Someone give me the cliff notes on what happened.
Kiffin punted on a 4th and 1. We got ball back. AZ redeemed himself. OT.
Defense then **** itself and let LSU score easily.
we then get ball TD. Big nuts goes for two.
we win.
 

Eagles_Ball_69

All-American
Dec 19, 2003
4,847
6,398
82
As someone who hates the rest of the SEC and despises the whole SEC “pride” BS (they always suck each other off in football in the offseason, but when it comes to basketball, we never get any returned favor), I love how he pees off the rest of the SEC fans and admin.
I’ve said it on here before, it’s kinda why I don’t mind Beamer either. I like the dudes with personality. I’m tired of the robots. Give me the guys that aren’t afraid to let it rip.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Catastic5

Farsight Clone

All-American
Aug 30, 2025
2,958
5,904
103
Mixed Martial Arts Wow GIF by UFC
 

Bluegrass79

Senior
May 4, 2006
575
831
61
I think the main thing you've seen is that they can compete with any of the teams that are ranked.


They're good enough.


They're not super great defensively but they're good enough because they cause turnovers.
A big play team.


They haven't scored less than 31 points yet in a game. Think about that one.

6. Games above 31.

31 is the magic number. If you score more than that you got a chance.


You can recruit when you score that many points because everybody gets stats
 

Beatle Bum

Heisman
Sep 1, 2002
43,644
66,411
113
Absolutely brilliant coaching down the stretch. That 2 point conversion was absolutely beautifully orchestrated!
Stein gave credit to Kenny. They spread the field and Kenny saw the open box and Kenny took it. Sure, he is coached to do that, but Stein said he was watching the routes when all of a sudden they were storming the field. When they spread the field, I thought it was a planned QB run and envisioned it failing short of the goal line. Thank you Kenny!! Like other games, he appears to be two QBs during the game. He is the starter who struggles and then is the backup off the bench the proves everyone right who says QB2 should be QB1. If he gets his legs through a whole game, UK may be the best team in the nation. 😝
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: preacherfan

Beatle Bum

Heisman
Sep 1, 2002
43,644
66,411
113
We stopped them. They chose not to go for it on 4th and 1. Minchey proceeded to methodically drive down the field for a FG to go to OT.

LSU scores and kicks. Kentucky scores and Stein throws up his "two" hand. The rest is history.
I was confident that if Kiffin went for it, and thought he would, that we would lose. That is and will eat at him. His rationale was sound, but I think the game is over if he goes for it on fourth.
 

Beatle Bum

Heisman
Sep 1, 2002
43,644
66,411
113
Kiffin punted on a 4th and 1. We got ball back. AZ redeemed himself. OT.
Defense then **** itself and let LSU score easily.
we then get ball TD. Big nuts goes for two.
we win.
Looked to me that the UK defense laid down for Leavitt in OT so Stein could call the 2 pt conversion and end the game. Lol

After watching that TD run, we all knew there was no way in the world Stein was going for the PAT.
 

Feral Manatee

Sophomore
Sep 27, 2022
73
151
32
I was confident that if Kiffin went for it, and thought he would, that we would lose. That is and will eat at him. His rationale was sound, but I think the game is over if he goes for it on fourth.
In the context of that moment though, his defense had completely bottled us up in the second half and they were on their own 43. Considering how their defense was playing and how much our defense had been surprisingly stout against the run all night (LSU was only avg 2.6 ypc for the game and we had a good number of tackles for loss), it wasn't as obvious a decision at the time as it now seems in hindsight. It would have been completely justified as well, but it also would have been brought up afterwards as the "decision that cost him the game" if we hold them there and go on to score a TD in regulation with a short field (on their 43 yard line) and 1:30 left on the clock. Either choice would have been justified given the situation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ala_kat2
Jan 12, 2026
404
638
63
I was confident that if Kiffin went for it, and thought he would, that we would lose. That is and will eat at him. His rationale was sound, but I think the game is over if he goes for it on fourth.
I thought FOR SURE he goes for it. Convert and it's ballgame. The way they were imposing their will on us, I thought game over cause he's going for it.
I think he over thought it and stein got in his head.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football The AP Poll ranks Kentucky once again after overtime win against LSU
  2. 02 KSR Football Keep the Power K: An Old Symbol is Reborn in Kentucky’s Win Over LSU
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky shoots up to No. 17 in Coaches Poll Top 25 update
  4. 04 KSR Football Will Stein made sure Adam Zouagui believed in himself after missing two field goals
  5. 05 KSR Football State Street was (literally) on fire (again) following Kentucky's upset over No. 10 LSU