I thought 5 MAYBE 6.I predicted 3 wins and was generally giddy with stein anyway. This is unreal.
I thought 5 MAYBE 6.I predicted 3 wins and was generally giddy with stein anyway. This is unreal.
We stopped them. They chose not to go for it on 4th and 1. Minchey proceeded to methodically drive down the field for a FG to go to OT.What in holy hades happened?!
Lsu was running out the clock, and I jumped in the shower and now I find out we won?
Someone give me the cliff notes on what happened.
Thanks. Wow!We stopped them. They chose not to go for it on 4th and 1. Minchey proceeded to methodically drive down the field for a FG to go to OT.
LSU scores and kicks. Kentucky scores and Stein throws up his "two" hand. The rest is history.
I think Stein has found his first hated coach.That sack of nuts continued to delay the game whining to the refs. Stein about blew a gasket every time.
You forgot Stein parked his wheelbarrow then threw up his "two" hand. Important step missed but I got your back...We stopped them. They chose not to go for it on 4th and 1. Minchey proceeded to methodically drive down the field for a FG to go to OT.
LSU scores and kicks. Kentucky scores and Stein throws up his "two" hand. The rest is history.
Kiffin punted on a 4th and 1. We got ball back. AZ redeemed himself. OT.What in holy hades happened?!
Lsu was running out the clock, and I jumped in the shower and now I find out we won?
Someone give me the cliff notes on what happened.
I’ve said it on here before, it’s kinda why I don’t mind Beamer either. I like the dudes with personality. I’m tired of the robots. Give me the guys that aren’t afraid to let it rip.As someone who hates the rest of the SEC and despises the whole SEC “pride” BS (they always suck each other off in football in the offseason, but when it comes to basketball, we never get any returned favor), I love how he pees off the rest of the SEC fans and admin.
That’s just patently false.How and more importantly WhY? He's all fluff. He has won nothing of any importance. He routinely underachieves with all star teams at all star programs. He's a fugazzi
I knew Stein had the “ It”!I predicted 3 wins and was generally giddy with stein anyway. This is unreal.
Is there any other way to jump than literally, lol.My son and I literally jumped up and down! It's about time we had a good team!!!
He's getting a new mattress tomorrow, for sure. Super win. Ranking on Monday?Stein’s tenure will ensure the younger generations kids grow up big football fans. Kentucky brand could be growing.
We better be ranked. 20ish.He's getting a new mattress tomorrow, for sure. Super win. Ranking on Monday?
You must have taken a LONG shower.What in holy hades happened?!
Lsu was running out the clock, and I jumped in the shower and now I find out we won?
Someone give me the cliff notes on what happened.
I am as well. I sat there with my son in section 225, just taking in the enormity of Minchey calling his number to run the ball himself! He has been so very hesitant to run at all. Then watching that horde of humanity pouring in to that field. GBB!!!I am in literal shock
Stein gave credit to Kenny. They spread the field and Kenny saw the open box and Kenny took it. Sure, he is coached to do that, but Stein said he was watching the routes when all of a sudden they were storming the field. When they spread the field, I thought it was a planned QB run and envisioned it failing short of the goal line. Thank you Kenny!! Like other games, he appears to be two QBs during the game. He is the starter who struggles and then is the backup off the bench the proves everyone right who says QB2 should be QB1. If he gets his legs through a whole game, UK may be the best team in the nation.Absolutely brilliant coaching down the stretch. That 2 point conversion was absolutely beautifully orchestrated!
I said the same thing after the game.Will Stein for President
I was confident that if Kiffin went for it, and thought he would, that we would lose. That is and will eat at him. His rationale was sound, but I think the game is over if he goes for it on fourth.We stopped them. They chose not to go for it on 4th and 1. Minchey proceeded to methodically drive down the field for a FG to go to OT.
LSU scores and kicks. Kentucky scores and Stein throws up his "two" hand. The rest is history.
Looked to me that the UK defense laid down for Leavitt in OT so Stein could call the 2 pt conversion and end the game. LolKiffin punted on a 4th and 1. We got ball back. AZ redeemed himself. OT.
Defense then **** itself and let LSU score easily.
we then get ball TD. Big nuts goes for two.
we win.
My guess like most us it's due to mediocre coaches . We've been told that we can't win big at a school like Kentucky and to accept the mainstream . Only problem no one told this to WILL"BIG BALLS " STEIN . GO CATS GO STEIN Winning gets contagiousI am in literal shock
Strangely, those two misses worked in our favor as they left zero time for lsu to drive for a winning fg of their own after we tied it. They would have had plenty of time if either of the first two was good.Those 2 fg misses had me so pissed. Can't believe they had the composure to come back and win after that.
In the context of that moment though, his defense had completely bottled us up in the second half and they were on their own 43. Considering how their defense was playing and how much our defense had been surprisingly stout against the run all night (LSU was only avg 2.6 ypc for the game and we had a good number of tackles for loss), it wasn't as obvious a decision at the time as it now seems in hindsight. It would have been completely justified as well, but it also would have been brought up afterwards as the "decision that cost him the game" if we hold them there and go on to score a TD in regulation with a short field (on their 43 yard line) and 1:30 left on the clock. Either choice would have been justified given the situation.I was confident that if Kiffin went for it, and thought he would, that we would lose. That is and will eat at him. His rationale was sound, but I think the game is over if he goes for it on fourth.
KSR Football
Kentucky heads to Oklahoma as a slight underdog
KSR
KSR Today: Rank Kentucky football, you cowards
KSR Football
Kentucky has the fourth-best resume in college football, now projected to win eight
KSR Football
Kentucky now a trendy pick to make College Football Playoff
Rivals Football Recruiting
5-star Kellan Hall on epic night at Kentucky: "They made a statement to the rest of the country"