Possibly. But I think this was the plan from the get go when On3 bought rivals. And that plan was 1 board.Apparently the criticism of management, continual rule breaking and general dumb assery by regular contributors was no longer worth the trouble.
Yes. Here is what Sean Callahan has said about it in the past:Did On3 get rid of the free Husker message board? All I can see is the Red Sea Scrolls pay board...
I'll be curious what the status of the free boards will be? I don't have that answer.
We were told not to have one when we launched because of the bots and spamming that happens on them, along with other issues.
So we did just one board here to simplify the discussion.
We obviously had the Open Scrolls, and that also had plenty of issues.
Huskerland Prep has had plenty of spam/bots in the past, so there is actually some truth to what was said about the free boards.Yes. Very few sites if any have them do to the spammers/bots and other moderation issues they cause.
I always thought that free message boards got people onto your website and that traffic helped advertising. But I guess On3 doesn't have much for outside advertising.Possibly. But I think this was the plan from the get go when On3 bought rivals. And that plan was 1 board.
Ya who knows . The free board was getting out of hand with the political stuff and the Iowa Tards.I always thought that free message boards got people onto your website and that traffic helped advertising. But I guess On3 doesn't have much for outside advertising.
I always thought that free message boards got people onto your website and that traffic helped advertising. But I guess On3 doesn't have much for outside advertising.
We should invade there and take a big sit over there.All BS excuses for shutting down the free board. Iowa's free board is still up and running.
That's because that free board existed while other did. If you force 2 choices for people and one offers nothing new and the older is familiar. They'll chose to keep the one they are used to.It actually creates more problems. Between bots, trolls, spam posts, and political posts, it creates several moderation issues. Then you have issues with other fan bases coming on the free board and causing issues as well. Hope that all makes sense. When we came to On3, we had a free board, btw, at first, and it got no traffic. 99 percent is on the premium boards. We had an off-topic board, and it just got ugly with politics and other issues, so we had to get rid of it.
Agree with you on the political BS people just can’t follow common sense rules for some reason. The other fan bases coming on are annoying as hell . IMO you have to be a complete loser in life to go on another fan bases board.It actually creates more problems. Between bots, trolls, spam posts, and political posts, it creates several moderation issues. Then you have issues with other fan bases coming on the free board and causing issues as well. Hope that all makes sense. When we came to On3, we had a free board, btw, at first, and it got no traffic. 99 percent is on the premium boards. We had an off-topic board, and it just got ugly with politics and other issues, so we had to get rid of it.
100% lame. sub is too expensive. guess ill just turn to reddit and discord. I'll definitely miss the free board though.
This is a prep board. If you want to talk Huskers pay the subscription pretty sure Sean won’t allow this to turn into another Huskers board.Maybe a lot of the Husker Board Participants will make there way here. Lot of posters like DerHusker and PennsyHusker were fun to read and comment. Don't forget King Kong.
Again the other one was there.We tried to do a free board on HuskerOnline when we arrived. It got no activity. It made no sense to have a dead board that nobody was posting on.
All it took was to assign one person to moderate it. Heck I coulda done it for them.Agree with you on the political BS people just can’t follow common sense rules for some reason. The other fan bases coming on are annoying as hell . IMO you have to be a complete loser in life to go on another fan bases board.
Huskerland Preps
Huskerland Week 6 Top Tens: 8-Man, Six-Man
Huskerland Preps
Huskerland Week 6 Top Tens: 11-Man
Huskerland Preps
Huskerland Bob's Saturday Morning Quarterback
Huskerland Preps
Making the Most of His Opportunities: Jake Brock, Creighton Prep
Huskerland Preps
Bergan at Bishop Neumann Another Great Pairing of Unbeatens