Husker free message board

Nuts McClanahan

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2022
1,506
1,535
113
Apparently the criticism of management, continual rule breaking and general dumb assery by regular contributors was no longer worth the trouble.
 

TwinsRRUs

All-Conference
Apr 30, 2022
1,543
2,553
113
Did On3 get rid of the free Husker message board? All I can see is the Red Sea Scrolls pay board...
Yes. Here is what Sean Callahan has said about it in the past:

I'll be curious what the status of the free boards will be? I don't have that answer.
We were told not to have one when we launched because of the bots and spamming that happens on them, along with other issues.
So we did just one board here to simplify the discussion.
We obviously had the Open Scrolls, and that also had plenty of issues.

Yes. Very few sites if any have them do to the spammers/bots and other moderation issues they cause.
Huskerland Prep has had plenty of spam/bots in the past, so there is actually some truth to what was said about the free boards.

IMO, On3 gets more paid subscribers by doing this, since more people want to either voice their opinion, or simply read other's opinions.
 

Nuts McClanahan

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2022
1,506
1,535
113
Possibly. But I think this was the plan from the get go when On3 bought rivals. And that plan was 1 board.
I always thought that free message boards got people onto your website and that traffic helped advertising. But I guess On3 doesn't have much for outside advertising.
 

Sean Callahan

Publisher
Staff member
May 29, 2001
57,278
226,407
113
I always thought that free message boards got people onto your website and that traffic helped advertising. But I guess On3 doesn't have much for outside advertising.

It actually creates more problems. Between bots, trolls, spam posts, and political posts, it creates several moderation issues. Then you have issues with other fan bases coming on the free board and causing issues as well. Hope that all makes sense. When we came to On3, we had a free board, btw, at first, and it got no traffic. 99 percent is on the premium boards. We had an off-topic board, and it just got ugly with politics and other issues, so we had to get rid of it.
 

Kato

Senior
Dec 23, 2006
2,156
599
113
All BS excuses for shutting down the free board. Iowa's free board is still up and running.
 
Huskerland Preps

Latest

  1. 01 Huskerland Preps Huskerland Bob's Saturday Morning Quarterback
  2. 02 Huskerland Preps Making the Most of His Opportunities: Jake Brock, Creighton Prep
  3. 03 Huskerland Preps Bergan at Bishop Neumann Another Great Pairing of Unbeatens
  4. 04 Huskerland Preps Another Class B Slugfest Features Gretna High at Waverly
  5. 05 Huskerland Preps Football Friday No. 6 Yields Small School Battles of Unbeatens