How long were the original commitments for?
I wonder if you'll see anyseat holders drop their seats when their commitment is done.
In order to help finance the cost of construction, those who bought season tickets in the New Dude were required to pay
10 years of seat royalties up front.
1/3 was due when they announced the stadium and began taking requests.
1/3 was due when construction started.
The final 1/3 was due when construction was completed.
Example:
I bought 4 seats in the new Dude. Seat royalties were $150 per seat, per year.
4 seats x $150 x 10 years = $6k.
Thus, I had to make 3 payments of $2k each when I bought my seats.
Last year they refunded our commitment money due to the shortened season. This year they said it would NOT count towards the 10 years of paid royalties due to COVID and the initial ticket restrictions. So I think there are 7 (maybe 8?) years left on our original 10 years of seat royalties. I highly doubt you'll see many people drop their seasons tickets and walk away from the thousands of dollars they have already invested in them prior to that initial 10 year period being up.
I also highly doubt you'll see them expand the stadium to just add general admission seating which won't be able to raise the same capital as reserved chairbacks, especially with today's construction costs being thru the roof.