They may get that many on our first possession.For the whole game ?????
I think we need the run to be successful, but I don't think running the ball well means we win.I disagree somewhat regarding needing the run to be successful. I think they will either try to stop the run with just the d-line and put everyone else in coverage, so our running game will need to be successful to force the LBs to stay near the line. OR, they will believe their CB and S are more athletic than our WR and put everyone at the line to give KT no time. If he can scramble and still make quick throws they are in a difficult spot. Their D has gotten confused on the field several times in their early games. I can see the speed play offense giving them trouble when that is happening.
I do agree that the game is probably more about whether our D can slow them down or force field goals and not TDs. I'm not very optimistic. Hopefully, we can force their QB to make mistakes from inexperience.
I think that's probably correct. I just meant that it's not enough. Obviously nothing by itself is really enough, but whereas some games running the ball successfully will be a pretty good predictor of who wins, I don't think that's going to be the case in this game. I expect us to put up some points and be successful on offense. I don't expect us to win because I expect us to put up points on us also.Let me rephrase. I didn’t mean to majority run. I just meant if they are shutting down the run, I doubt we can successfully set up the pass.
I have no doubt our offense can put up points. I think it comes down to how many stops we get on D. Could also potentially pull it off if we force them in to field goals on enough drives.
Fair point, but one thing you have to say about Lebby is even when we were losing with Shapen, most games he was putting up points. The other teams were just putting up more and sometimes a bunch more.Im actually pretty interested to see if we can continue to be prolific offensively against a top program. Putting up points has very rarely happened in quantity vs Bama through the years.
Bama's defense isn't exactly stellar. Mizzou has a better defense than Bama does.Im actually pretty interested to see if we can continue to be prolific offensively against a top program. Putting up points has very rarely happened in quantity vs Bama through the years.
Bama's defense isn't exactly stellar. Mizzou has a better defense than Bama does.
I think our offense is going to have to outpace theirs, so I would say that our OL is going to have to limit penalties and establish clean pockets throughout the game. We've got to keep them off of K1.Give up 3 or less sacks.
Can't believe it took that long on the post for some SPSer to give the wiseass answer. That was my first thought.Score more points than them.
True, Mullen couldn't score at all against them.Im actually pretty interested to see if we can continue to be prolific offensively against a top program. Putting up points has very rarely happened in quantity vs Bama through the years.
What can I say, sometimes we need the obvious answerCan't believe it took that long on the post for some SPSer to give the wiseass answer. That was my first thought.
By "they" do you mean Alabama or the SEC ?Pay the refs more than they do.
KT1 HAS to get rid of the ball quickly, no holding on to it for more than two reads to make a play.Give up 3 or less sacks.
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
Maroon and White Football
Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
Maroon and White Football
Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
Maroon and White Football
"Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor