That was a Catch... Ruling was BULLSHIZZLE

FunkyFatCan

Freshman
Apr 29, 2009
21
61
13
i've watched that amazing catch by Darby over and over again and I'm still not sure how they ruled that incomplete. I don't care that it moved a little during the catch, he was smoothly and absolutely in control of that catch. Instant Replay has been great for the sport but i also believe some of the catch rulings have been just stupid.
 

Cats_2010

Heisman
Jan 8, 2010
11,967
20,533
103
If I’m Stein I’m absolutely calling whoever I need to on Monday morning and raise holy hell over that reversal. It was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Not a single Angle showed the ball ever touching the ground at all. It was a catch 10 times out of 10. That’s the kind of BS officiating you simply can’t let slide.
 

kyhankypanky

All-American
Mar 21, 2004
4,564
7,969
113
1. We are all homers, but that sure seemed like a catch - would love an objective person’s take. (The SC cheerleading announcers at that point even said it was a catch).

2. There is NO WAY there was enough evidence to overturn. I think if it had not been ruled a catch, there would have been enough evidence to call it a catch.

3. The fact that this was a review - where officials could gather themselves and ponder the ruling - makes me completely suspect that this wasn’t mere incompetence but blatant fixing. What else are you supposed to conclude?
 

Littlecreek10

Senior
Jul 6, 2025
252
494
63
1. We are all homers, but that sure seemed like a catch - would love an objective person’s take. (The SC cheerleading announcers at that point even said it was a catch).

2. There is NO WAY there was enough evidence to overturn. I think if it had not been ruled a catch, there would have been enough evidence to call it a catch.

3. The fact that this was a review - where officials could gather themselves and ponder the ruling - makes me completely suspect that this wasn’t mere incompetence but blatant fixing. What else are you supposed to conclude?
The on-field refs called it a catch, it’s whoever is reviewing it in whatever room somewhere that reversed it I assume.
 

davtay

All-Conference
Dec 31, 2002
1,332
1,398
113
The on-field refs called it a catch, it’s whoever is reviewing it in whatever room somewhere that reversed it I assume.
Probably the same bunch that added the mystery tenths of a second in the Michigan screw job earlier in the year.
 

CGBlue1.0

Junior
Jul 3, 2025
170
265
63
Great catch, and that play was one where the call on the field should stand. But I have no faith in that system and was not surprised when it got overturned.. And it'll be more of the same next Saturday night at home.
 

rick64

Heisman
Jan 25, 2007
25,191
35,246
113
Such BS that the refs don’t have to answer to the press after a game and explain what they saw on the replay.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wildcatjedi

Henogee1975

All-American
Jan 31, 2017
4,430
8,544
87
I do think it touched the ground at some point but not until it was under control in his hands.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Instant Takeaways: Will Stein coached for the win to snap Kentucky's losing streak to South Carolina
  2. 02 KSR Football See How Kentucky Celebrated the Victory at Williams-Brice Stadium
  3. 03 KSR Football How Kentucky "Put the Icing on the Cake" with Historic 2-Point Conversion
  4. 04 KSR Football Injury Report: Kentucky has some healing to do before LSU comes to town
  5. 05 KSR Football Lance Heard had a BOGO special on pancakes in Columbia