Stirtz starting five prediction

HawksRule73

All-Conference
Jun 26, 2025
862
2,177
93
I'm not sure I would say Manyawu is a no brainer. He started all 37 games and averaged 6.6 pts, 4.6 rebounds, 19 minutes/game and only 20 total blocks. He doesn't shoot 3's and he's a liability at the end of the game with teams doing the "hack a shaq" special on him. I think you start Trey Thompson/Ethan Harris or Ty'Reek Coleman instead of Cam. You bring in Cam defensively when you need a big body on a Power Forward. I think McKeever and Jirak can man the center position.
Ben's offensive system requires a guy who is money at setting on-ball screens and that's Cam. He's an unbelievably great screener. I think he starts next year.
 

eyesofhawk

All-Conference
Apr 17, 2011
3,525
3,391
113
Iowa has certainly had some nepotism issues via Brian Ferentz as o-coordinator and the McCaffrey boys in hoops. Fortunately/hopefully, those are issues of the past.
Clearly, I don't agree with that. Or at least, don't believe that claim can rightfully be made.

Why do you make such a claim?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: KurtWarner

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,261
9,450
113
Clearly, I don't agree with that. Or at least, don't believe that claim can rightfully be made.

Why do you make such a claim?
Episode 9 Hug GIF by The Simpsons
 
  • Like
Reactions: eyesofhawk

IA79Cam

All-Conference
Jan 1, 2023
1,135
2,248
113
I'm not sure I would say Manyawu is a no brainer. He started all 37 games and averaged 6.6 pts, 4.6 rebounds, 19 minutes/game and only 20 total blocks. He doesn't shoot 3's and he's a liability at the end of the game with teams doing the "hack a shaq" special on him. I think you start Trey Thompson/Ethan Harris or Ty'Reek Coleman instead of Cam. You bring in Cam defensively when you need a big body on a Power Forward. I think McKeever and Jirak can man the center position.
There is only 1 ball on offense he doesnt need to score. And Cam's effectiveness will increase playing guys his own size instead of the 7 ft+ monsters he was trying battle all year last year.
 

JerseyCityHawk

All-Conference
Jul 6, 2025
1,343
2,214
112
I think Howard is the sleeper of the group same with Sage … both are going to be breakout players I believe this coming season
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bro D
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Whispers from out West: ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC visits resonate with several from the region
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Hank Brown listed as starter in Iowa's two deeps
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Iowa Football Opponent Preview: Washington Huskies
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Which Iowa recruits plan to enroll early?
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football The Chuck Long Podcast