So is an Eagles vs Chiefs the consensus SB prediction?

psu31trap

All-Conference
Oct 29, 2021
1,351
1,276
113
Don’t dismiss the 49’s against the Eagles. Yesterday the Eagles beat a 9-7 team that had a much smaller and slower D-Line, a weak offense with a limited playbook. Today the 49’s played a much tougher 12-5 team. The only edge I see here is home field for the Eagles. I would be surprised if the spread is more than 3 points.

I see Cincinnati beating the Chiefs, it may be a blowout.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 84lion and FTLPSU

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,077
5,537
113
Don’t dismiss the 49’s against the Eagles. Yesterday the Eagles beat a 9-7 team that had a much smaller and slower D-Line, a weak offense with a limited playbook. Today the 49’s played a much tougher 12-5 team. The only edge I see here is home field for the Eagles. I would be surprised if the spread is more than 3 points.

I see Cincinnati beating the Chiefs, it may be a blowout.
I doubt any smart Eagles fan dismisses SF. I think the Eagles offense is better than Dallas and can exploit some of the things Dallas did on offense today.

I think the Eagles defense may try to mimic some things from today too, but they’re not as fast as the Cowboys along the DL.

Hurts should be a big upgrade over Dak. And the Eagles pass rush won’t roll over for Purdy and Co.

It’ll be a good game.
 

nittanyfan333

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,818
7,460
113
Don’t dismiss the 49’s against the Eagles. Yesterday the Eagles beat a 9-7 team that had a much smaller and slower D-Line, a weak offense with a limited playbook. Today the 49’s played a much tougher 12-5 team. The only edge I see here is home field for the Eagles. I would be surprised if the spread is more than 3 points.

I see Cincinnati beating the Chiefs, it may be a blowout.

I have to disagree with your giants defense thoughts. I don’t know anyone that would call dexter Lawrence small at 6’4” 340, and thibedeaux and Williams are anything but slow for their positions. Completely agree with the O though. People were hyping Jones and Co. for the last 5 or so games they played. After the eagles smoked them in week 14, they played the redskins, Vikings (frauds), colts (terrible) and a vanilla eagles without lane and sweat. They were way too overhyped. I was more concerned with their momentum than their capabilities
 

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,702
15,010
113
Afc is just ridiculously good. I see the bengals go all the way. That niners cowboys game was like watching dolphins and jets a couple of weeks ago
 

84lion

All-Conference
Oct 7, 2021
885
1,555
93
Conventional wisdom (and my heart) says Eagles-Chiefs. After this weekend's games, I dunno. I really thought the Bills were "better than that" but who knows? Mahomes is a playmaker. So is Burrow. Bengals appear to have a very tough (almost criminal) defense. On the NFC side, Eagles destroyed the Giants, but how good really were the Giants? All hype? For SF, the player that has the most potential to ruin the Eagles is Robbie Gould. My head says Bengals-Niners. Gonna be some great games regardless.
 

Big_O

All-Conference
Jun 28, 2001
1,724
2,821
113
High ankle sprains are not quickly recovered from. Mahomes is going to be much less effective if he plays, and I wouldn’t doubt that Henne is the starter. It would take a perfect defensive game from the Chiefs to win. The SB is going to be Bungles vs. Toss-up.
 

19333lion

Senior
Jan 30, 2016
337
562
93
If I were a betting man, I would not bet against the Bengals, especially if Mahomes remains gimpy with his high ankle.

The Eagles are built to go toe-to-toe with the Niners. They have a better defense than Dallas and a more consistent offense too.
 

ScottL

All-Conference
Jul 11, 2021
2,320
3,494
113
I like Cincy to get to the Super Bowl and have since the playoffs began. I also think whomever the NFC sends will lose to either Cincy or KC.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Top Penn State-USC takeaways: Lions give themselves a punchers chance, but don't have the horses to beat the Trojans
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State Falls to USC Despite Offensive Growth: Postgame Show
  3. 03 BWI Football Recap: Penn State comes up short, losing White Out game clash with USC 31-23
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State football sets new Beaver Stadium attendance record during White Out game with USC; how many fans are here?
  5. 05 BWI Football Chase Sowell injury update: Penn State receiver returns for the second half after first half injury scare