I work with someone that knows Rondo's mom from way back. She said that even that far back money was being offered to top players. Mom was in charge, and she/he went with Tubby because he was straight, and didn't try to buy him.
What? Money thrown at hs players was much before that. Everywhere.
Mostly $1 dollar bills compared to today.Yeah, I've talked to people involved in recruiting in the 80s who have told me about suitcases of cash.
Sebastian TelfairMy memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
Sebastian Telfair
Tell Fair.My memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
He was pissed he offered Telfair and then chose KyMy memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
KSR Basketball
5 Storylines 25 Days Out From College Basketball
KSR Football
Will Stein Show Recap: Jumbo formation, fake quotes, and playing well at home
KSR Football
LSU's last five trips to Lexington include some Kentucky Football classics
KSR Football
SEC Availability Report: DJ Miller, Jason Patterson set to return for Kentucky
KSR Football
Will Stein Says Kentucky’s Identity Is Simple: ‘We’re Fighters, Man’