I work with someone that knows Rondo's mom from way back. She said that even that far back money was being offered to top players. Mom was in charge, and she/he went with Tubby because he was straight, and didn't try to buy him.
What? Money thrown at hs players was much before that. Everywhere.
Mostly $1 dollar bills compared to today.Yeah, I've talked to people involved in recruiting in the 80s who have told me about suitcases of cash.
Sebastian TelfairMy memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
Sebastian Telfair
Tell Fair.My memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
He was pissed he offered Telfair and then chose KyMy memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
KSR
KSR Today: The Power K is BACK!
KSR Football
LOOK: Kentucky unveils the Power K Uniforms
KSR Basketball
UK Pro Day was a 'really, really positive day' for Kentucky basketball
KSR Basketball
KSR's top takeaways from Kentucky Basketball Pro Day 2026
KSR Cats in the NFL
BBNFL Week 4: Wan'Dale Robinson and Chris Rodriguez find the end zone (again)