RIP John Sterling

Fox Chapel Lion II

All-American
Oct 26, 2011
2,895
7,175
113
I heard earlier this morning. Very sad to hear. I loved all the Sterling-isms (You're on the Mark, Texiera among countless others). He and Suzyn Waldman were quite the pair. They added so much to my enjoyment of the Yankees on the radio. And when he made a mistake (it is HIGH, it is FAR, it is caught on the warning track) it was annoying, but just added to the whole atmosphere.

RIP.
 

BCS PSU

All-Conference
Jun 2, 2001
1,378
2,338
113
I heard earlier this morning. Very sad to hear. I loved all the Sterling-isms (You're on the Mark, Texiera among countless others). He and Suzyn Waldman were quite the pair. They added so much to my enjoyment of the Yankees on the radio. And when he made a mistake (it is HIGH, it is FAR, it is caught on the warning track) it was annoying, but just added to the whole atmosphere.

RIP.
I first heard him in the early 80s when he did Braves' games on TBS.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

Shadow99

All-Conference
Dec 2, 2017
1,079
2,241
113
As a Phillies fan who roots against the Yankees, I nevertheless have always found John Sterling very entertaining and his calls often invoked a genuine smile...but no smile hearing this news. :(
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Recruiting Penn State’s White Out visitor list tops 90 recruits — and the four-stars keep rolling in
  2. 02 BWI Basketball Penn State basketball season preview: A new-look roster aims to change the Nittany Lions’ identity
  3. 03 BWI Football 75% Off BWI for Penn State's White Out Week vs. USC
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Tuesday primer: What answers will Matt Campbell and D'Anton Lynn have today?
  5. 05 BWI Penn State's Chase Sowell Is the Offense's Lone Bright Spot. Here's How to Use Him More