RIP John Sterling

Fox Chapel Lion II

All-American
Oct 26, 2011
2,905
7,206
113
I heard earlier this morning. Very sad to hear. I loved all the Sterling-isms (You're on the Mark, Texiera among countless others). He and Suzyn Waldman were quite the pair. They added so much to my enjoyment of the Yankees on the radio. And when he made a mistake (it is HIGH, it is FAR, it is caught on the warning track) it was annoying, but just added to the whole atmosphere.

RIP.
 

BCS PSU

All-Conference
Jun 2, 2001
1,378
2,340
113
I heard earlier this morning. Very sad to hear. I loved all the Sterling-isms (You're on the Mark, Texiera among countless others). He and Suzyn Waldman were quite the pair. They added so much to my enjoyment of the Yankees on the radio. And when he made a mistake (it is HIGH, it is FAR, it is caught on the warning track) it was annoying, but just added to the whole atmosphere.

RIP.
I first heard him in the early 80s when he did Braves' games on TBS.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

Shadow99

All-Conference
Dec 2, 2017
1,079
2,242
113
As a Phillies fan who roots against the Yankees, I nevertheless have always found John Sterling very entertaining and his calls often invoked a genuine smile...but no smile hearing this news. :(
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Can a Penn State offensive lineman getting healthier help unlock the Penn State offense? It's something to watch
  2. 02 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State ‘not going to waver’ after back-to-back losses
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Stat Recap: How have Penn State's 2027 commits performed halfway through their senior seasons?
  4. 04 BWI Football What did we learn from USC coach Lincoln Riley during his first Penn State week news conference? See top takeaways here
  5. 05 BWI Football Everything Penn State coach Matt Campbell said to kick off USC week