RIP John Sterling

Fox Chapel Lion II

All-American
Oct 26, 2011
2,901
7,189
113
I heard earlier this morning. Very sad to hear. I loved all the Sterling-isms (You're on the Mark, Texiera among countless others). He and Suzyn Waldman were quite the pair. They added so much to my enjoyment of the Yankees on the radio. And when he made a mistake (it is HIGH, it is FAR, it is caught on the warning track) it was annoying, but just added to the whole atmosphere.

RIP.
 

BCS PSU

All-Conference
Jun 2, 2001
1,378
2,339
113
I heard earlier this morning. Very sad to hear. I loved all the Sterling-isms (You're on the Mark, Texiera among countless others). He and Suzyn Waldman were quite the pair. They added so much to my enjoyment of the Yankees on the radio. And when he made a mistake (it is HIGH, it is FAR, it is caught on the warning track) it was annoying, but just added to the whole atmosphere.

RIP.
I first heard him in the early 80s when he did Braves' games on TBS.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

Shadow99

All-Conference
Dec 2, 2017
1,079
2,242
113
As a Phillies fan who roots against the Yankees, I nevertheless have always found John Sterling very entertaining and his calls often invoked a genuine smile...but no smile hearing this news. :(
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State's problems - and solutions - require a 'global' approach
  2. 02 BWI Football The issues with Penn State's struggling run game are clear; fixing them is a much more challenging task
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State Head Coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: USC
  4. 04 BWI Football Koby Howard injury update: What is the latest on the Penn State receiver before USC?
  5. 05 BWI Football Live updates: Matt Campbell weekly press conference