POLL: Your Choice For Next Offensive Coordinator?

Your preference for next Penn State OC?


  • Total voters
    161
  • Poll closed .

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,738
21,161
113
My choice for next OC is whomever Coach Franklin selects. Why, my opinion does not matter.


 
Dec 14, 2021
517
764
93
At this stage, Seider/Howle (3-game audition), Marian or Lewis and give them free reign. To be honest, I'll read what smarter people than me think and I'll probably change my mind several times between now and the hiring. With the exception of Manny Diaz, my normal MO is to initially hate whoever is hired (even if at some point I had thought he would be the right guy) and then gradually come around to think it's a good hire.
 

MrTailgate

All-Conference
Oct 19, 2021
992
1,834
93
I will tell you who breaks down tape as good as I’ve ever seen, Dan Orlovsky. The two football guys I actually pay attention to on ESPN are Louis Riddick and Dan O. They might be clowns too, but they come across as knowledgeable which makes me question why they are on ESPN in the first place. I think Orlovsky could be a guy who could have gone the coaching route versus the media route.

My one requirement would be that the person be in sync with the type of QB you ultimately want in your system. If you want a dual QB, you can’t have your OC be a guy who wants a drop back QB. I think you need someone who is signed on to the style you envision at the QB position to be first and foremost.

Given what a lightning rod Chip is, he can’t be on any list.
 

psu31trap

All-Conference
Oct 29, 2021
1,351
1,276
113
I still believe that if given the right players Chip Kelly can do a remarkable job at Penn State.
 

4theglory54

Senior
Nov 11, 2012
185
439
63
We need to think out of the box with this hire............

Im going with JiaJia, a humanoid, seen here in the new OC booth.
1700238230818.png
 

Grant Green

All-American
Jan 21, 2004
3,994
5,513
113
Love that people have caught on to the Brennan Marion GoGo offense.
Make it happen Franklin! You need to roll the dice at this point.
 

OUIrPSU

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2021
1,369
1,721
113
We need to think out of the box with this hire............

Im going with JiaJia, a humanoid, seen here in the new OC booth.
View attachment 451418
Seriously…why not let AI run our offense?

I have to be honest and admit I don’t know what that means exactly. Even so, would AI go for it on 4th and 6 from our own 20 down 8 with 6 minutes left in the game (or whatever it was)?
 
Last edited:
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football 9 things I think after Penn State fails from start to finish at Northwestern: Will it somehow get worse before it gets better?
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State football skewered after Northwestern loss as Matt Campbell admits Lions lacked key traits in 'every way': What they're saying
  3. 03 BWI Football Matt Campbell says Penn State has 'to find answers, and we’ve got to get it fixed fast'; at this point, can it?
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State report card: Grading the Lions' 34-13 loss at Northwestern
  5. 05 BWI Football What did Northwestern coach David Braun, Penn State players, say about the Wildcats' 34-13 win? 'I think we need to just get stuff going'