OT: WHO changes COVID testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueRidgeMtns

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2016
5,521
3,386
113
EXACTLY. The OP asserted something that the release did NOT say. It is now accepted as gospel here though. SHEESH.

That's what I was thinking. I'm late to this party, but I read the information in the link and it doesn't line up with what everyone is arguing about.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,814
113
PCR positive is no longer = Covid. You are not Covid now unless you get a second test to confirm it, and are presenting clinical symptoms. How much Does it cost to get a test?

Released 20/21 Jan 2020

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

What do the tests cost (assuming you mean the individual, not the insurance company). The cost is nothing if you have decent insurance or are on Medicare. It's about $100 otherwise, or so I've read.
 

BlueRidgeMtns

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2016
5,521
3,386
113
I'm pretty sure the guidance has been to list COVID first on the death certificate if they passed within 30 days of symptoms starting or 30 days of a positive test if asymptomatic. So yes and no.

Good example was a resident in our assisted living had covid, fell, broke his hip, died of complications related to the hip fx. His death certificate listed COVID ahead of the other reasons even though it wasn't necessarily why he passed.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,814
113
So the WHO reports to/follows what the US President wants?

Sure they do. He rejoined the organization and gave them a huge influx of money. Assuming you can believe Trump's numbers, the US gave 10 times the money that China did to WHO, while havin population about 4 times that of the US.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,523
16,273
113
My understanding was all health insurance covered 100% of it and if you didn't have health insurance, the CARES act paid for it.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,886
6,695
113
That's what I was thinking. I'm late to this party, but I read the information in the link and it doesn't line up with what everyone is arguing about.

Thank you for posting this. Ive seen it a few times now and it helps confirm that while im not smart, at least im not the only one that read the initial info and didnt think it really applied to the initial argument.
Admittedly, I figured I just couldnt understand the release.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,886
6,695
113
Sure they do. He rejoined the organization and gave them a huge influx of money. Assuming you can believe Trump's numbers, the US gave 10 times the money that China did to WHO, while havin population about 4 times that of the US.
How much did Biden just give the WHO? I dont know how much 'a huge influx of money' is. Call me Drebin, I guess.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor