- It was mentioned that this was released because of a new president.
- I pointed out that the WHO doesnt simply follow or do what a president elect wants.
- that was met with a half dozen general consipiracy claims.
- you point out that it is interesting the announcement was made on election day and that it could be coincidence. I agree that the timing was odd and mention that i even said as much earlier in the day.
- I then admit that I dont understand why the release on election day is such a big issue since it would be no different than it it were released a week ago or a week from now. If the WHO had changed their policy a week ago, what would be different?...people would still claim conspiracy. If the WHO had changed their policy a week from now, what would be different?...people would still claim conspiracy.
- you now accuse me of being intentionally disingenuous. I am not. Why the 17 would I? Also, you went from 'maybe just a coincidence' to 'the WHO manipulated this to benefit Biden' in a pretty quick time.
Would this have no benefitted Biden if it had been released on December 15th? January 4th? January 17th? I dont see why it would benefit him any more or any less had it been released those days vs yesterday.
Your point has some validity. If WHO had announced this 3 days ago (i.e., when Trump was President), it wouldn't really make that much of a difference . . . at least not to me.
I would assume that whenever WHO is announcing a policy change, they consider the timing of that announcement and its effect on others at that particular time.
Do you think Biden's inauguration was a factor in the timing of WHO's announcement?
Like you said previously, WHO could have made the announcement on January 17th . . . but they didn't. Instead, they chose to make the announcement on January 20.
I certainly don't think there's any
deep conspiracy behind the timing of WHO's announcement.
However, there were many people and organizations whom did not want Trump to get credited with anything positive while he was President. Those people and organizations worked hard at preventing that sort of thing.
So . . . instead of announcing on January 17 (or before), WHO announces on January 20 and avoids any sort of tie-in with President Trump.