No, UNC will sit on the NOA and wait to release it right before a long weekend in hopes that it gets ignored by the media.You mean the NCAA will release the amended NOA?
No, UNC will sit on the NOA and wait to release it right before a long weekend in hopes that it gets ignored by the media.You mean the NCAA will release the amended NOA?
I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but your lack of equivocation is reassuring.UNC is about to get the hammer. This is not a hunch.
T/F: The rafters in the Dean Dome won't be as full next time Kentucky plays thereI think there will be some who will only be satisfied if UNC MBB receives the "death penalty."
No UNC sport is going to receive the death penalty, but if the DP is not your only acceptable outcome...you'll be pleased.
That would be justice.I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but your lack of equivocation is reassuring.
T/F: The rafters in the Dean Dome won't be as full next time Kentucky plays there
Sounds like the NCAA is going to claim that they would have punished UNC**** if only they had the new rules in place. That is bunk. They can punish Penn State. They can punish the massive misconduct of UNC****************.NCAA looking at new rules regarding academic misconduct.
The NCAA is expected to approve new rules later this month that would give it more authority to pursue cases of academic misconduct, reforms three years in the making but placed in the spotlight by the scandal involving athletes at UNC-Chapel Hill.
The proposed rules would require all Division I member schools to create their own academic misconduct policies for all students. That keeps the NCAA from having to make the call whether misconduct took place – something its member schools have adamantly opposed – while giving it the authority to cite the misconduct in leveling violations involving athletics
Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article72234912.html#storylink=cpy
JPScott, I fully expect UNC to publicly release the copy of the amended copy of the NOA on May 27.
There's more to this that I promised I would not share...if I value getting info.
May 27 is based on two factors. The first is that UNC won't release the NOA without first having a meeting with the Board of Governors. Based on when UNC will receive the NOA from the NCAA and the calendar of scheduled BoG meetings...May 27 fits. Secondly, May 27 is a Friday heading into a long Memorial Day weekend. UNC's high-dollar PR team will continue to follow the playbook of releasing bad news late on a Friday...especially heading into a long holiday weekend.
UNC gets to redact the NOA. UNC can take its time to ensure no FERPA information is released. Delay as long as possible. UNC doesn't really have to release it unless someone files a freedom of information act request with UNC. UNC knows the pack pride guys will so UNC will release it when they think they have all their ducks in a row.Sorry I must have missed something. Has the NCAA already sent the amended NOA to UNC?
If so, why should there be a delay in acknowledging that it was received and revealing what it says?
If not, why would we assume the NCAA will release it to UNC by then?
It certainly feels that way.Sounds like the NCAA is going to claim that they would have punished UNC**** if only they had the new rules in place. That is bunk. They can punish Penn State. They can punish the massive misconduct of UNC****************.
The delay....
UNC just publicly released its response to SACS yesterday...despite the fact that UNC submitted it to SACS over a MONTH ago.
UNC has delayed on releasing everything thus far.
UNC delays in order to buy time to improperly names & information. Some of the redactions are legit according to FERPA...many more redactions are an improper application of FERPA.
UNC also delays long enough to implement what it perceives to be the best PR strategy and spin.
UNC has delayed every step of the way...
Granted UNC will try to delay wherever possible but AFAIK, the next step should be the NCAA to send the redacted NOA to UNC.
There's no reason that the fact it has been sent should be delayed, or information in it redacted. Have any charges made by the NCAA against a school ever contained redactions to withhold personal information? I don't remember that.
Now once UNC receives the amended NOA they are then on the clock to provide their response. THAT, they may choose to redact some details I guess.
The NCAA has not yet sent the amended NOA to UNC, but it will happen very soon. Based on open-records laws...UNC must release the NOA upon request, but UNC has been unjustly slow at releasing EVERYTHING to the public regarding the scandal...
[smoke]"I just think about those young men who the vast majority are probably first generation in their family having the chance to go to college, and the chance not to just play basketball in North Carolina but the chance to get a degree from the University of North Carolina. That’s a life-transforming opportunity. And the fact they were denied that chance is mindboggling. It’s mindboggling. And they were denied it systemically, systematically. This was part of the University of North Carolina basketball system."
former United States Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan
Sounds like the NCAA is going to claim that they would have punished UNC**** if only they had the new rules in place. That is bunk. They can punish Penn State. They can punish the massive misconduct of UNC****************.
At least one UNCheat fan is irate about it. My Dr. is a UNCheat grad, and when I went in for a physical last year, he went on a 10 minute rant about the scandal, talking about how embarrassing it was and how they needed to be hit hard by the NCAA. I was back in this week on a follow up visit and I asked him how he took the Villanova game. He said that he didn't watch it, and in fact hadn't watched a single minute of the football OR basketball season and had no plans on doing so until they had been punished. He also said his donations are on hold until that happens.
Believe it or not, I have a good friend who is a Louisville fan that has taken the same approach. He is refusing to watch their basketball team until all the dust settles from the NCAA and he would love to see Pimptino gone ASAP. He is disgusted by the recurring sex scandals with Rick at the helm.
I don't know where your info is coming from and wouldn't ask, but with all your emphatic statements it reminds me of a loser leaves town wrestling match. I'm gonna assume you aren't planning to leave in shame.Is UNC MBB is not skating...
I think there will be some who will only be satisfied if UNC MBB receives the "death penalty."
No UNC sport is going to receive the death penalty, but if the DP is not your only acceptable outcome...you'll be pleased.
I think he was saying there is no way Aligned is going to answer that so no need to ask.Totally serious. I don't know everyone here.
in the past with these UNC scandal issues, absolutely.He's a reliable fellow tho?
I don't remember a gross error by Aligned in this scandal.in the past with these UNC scandal issues, absolutely.
I have a UNC grad who is a client. He is also furious with the situation and he has "connections" and he told me many months ago it was really bad and UNC would get hammered very hard...everyone was in scramble mode.At least one UNCheat fan is irate about it. My Dr. is a UNCheat grad, and when I went in for a physical last year, he went on a 10 minute rant about the scandal, talking about how embarrassing it was and how they needed to be hit hard by the NCAA. I was back in this week on a follow up visit and I asked him how he took the Villanova game. He said that he didn't watch it, and in fact hadn't watched a single minute of the football OR basketball season and had no plans on doing so until they had been punished. He also said his donations are on hold until that happens.
KSR Football
Will Stein Downplays Kentucky's AP Top 25 Ranking, Dylan Stewart's Absence
KSR Basketball Recruiting
5-star PG Reese Alston completes official visit to Kentucky
KSR Basketball Recruiting
Paul Osaruyi takes KSR behind the scenes of his official visit to Kentucky
KSR Basketball
Kam Williams hopes to complete full transition from scoreboard operator to draft pick—and champion
KSR Football
Kentucky is bringing back the chrome domes at South Carolina