New banner?

zeuxis

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,807
4,130
112
Getting a new banner promoting recent site articles that takes up a lot of space. Any way to remove it?

I'm on a macbook using Chrome.

banner.jpg
 

BenSherman

Heisman
Staff member
May 30, 2022
10,689
90,009
113
Know the intention is to promote site content. Will inquire.
 

joebobthebumbo

All-Conference
Aug 1, 2025
300
1,583
93
It would be nice if that banner auto-hides on scroll when you’ve scrolled below the site header, imo
 

heelsince9

All-Conference
Jul 15, 2025
642
1,301
93
Getting a new banner promoting recent site articles that takes up a lot of space. Any way to remove it?

I'm on a macbook using Chrome.

View attachment 1380809
YES, SAME!! Can we PLEASE get rid of that?!

My banner was (ETA: IS!!) the latest on Keita, and I said what the hell, I'll click on the damn article (which, of course, was another piece of excellent writing by @SherrellMcMillan)-- and the banner was STILL there!

Make it STOP!!

I'm just going to go away for awhile and hope it's gone when I get back.

(Macbook Safari)

Heels. Always.
 

zeuxis

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,807
4,130
112
The layout design is getting worse and worse by the day. There's less and less space allocated to the thing that you are currently trying to read, namely a forum thread.

layout.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: heelsince9

heelsince9

All-Conference
Jul 15, 2025
642
1,301
93
@BenSherman, has anything come of this? It's driving me crazy, and I don't spend as much time on the board or read the articles because of it.
It (the banner) also jumps up/down when I scroll.
Can you PLEASE make it go away?
Also, agree with @zeuxis -- I'm on a frickin' laptop, and, what with sidebar and the top banner thing, have about 4x5" reading space.
PLEASE.

Heels. Always.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zeuxis

BenSherman

Heisman
Staff member
May 30, 2022
10,689
90,009
113
@BenSherman, has anything come of this? It's driving me crazy, and I don't spend as much time on the board or read the articles because of it.
It (the banner) also jumps up/down when I scroll.
Can you PLEASE make it go away?
Also, agree with @zeuxis -- I'm on a frickin' laptop, and, what with sidebar and the top banner thing, have about 4x5" reading space.
PLEASE.

Heels. Always.
They continue to experiment with it. I agree that right now the laptop platform is the one most impacted.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: heelsince9
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Carolina Football Recruiting Inside UNC's New Approach With Game Day Recruits
  2. 02 Inside Carolina Basketball Carolina Basketball Approaches Reality of Post-ACC World
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Football Assessing UNC's Gradual Improvement Four Games Into 2026
  4. 04 Inside Carolina Football Film Room: Jaden Jefferson Takes the Kickoff to the House vs. Notre Dame
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Football UNC Freshman Play Report: Week 5