NCAA and NIT tickets

PiscatawayMike

Heisman
Jul 27, 2001
17,475
15,492
113
oh i could see football donors and politicians gobbling them up before the real fans
I was assured by my ticket rep that ONLY basketball STHs will get first crack at NCAA postseason tix, depending upon the number of priority points they have.

We shall see.

Actually, let me phrase that better. Let's hope that we shall see. It won't matter at all if we don't dance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bac2therac

bac2therac

Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2001
251,386
180,638
113
I was assured by my ticket rep that ONLY basketball STHs will get first crack at NCAA postseason tix, depending upon the number of priority points they have.

We shall see.

Actually, let me phrase that better. Let's hope that we shall see. It won't matter at all if we don't dance.


:ThumbsUp
 

Terry_2426

All-Conference
Aug 20, 2014
1,941
1,576
113
That # seems stunningly low...wow...where'd you see this?

It's on a few sites that I linked below and I've heard the same number from colleagues that work in some of the arenas in charge of the ticket distribution. 1st/2nd round is 450 and S16/E8 is 1,250. I don't know if the S16/E8 number varies on it being played in a basketball arena vs a stadium though.

One thing to note too, is that the 450 ticket allotment is everything -- anything for the school itself, players' families, students, the band etc. comes out of that number.

https://www.kolotv.com/content/spor...-NCAA-Tournament-ticket-policy-506840431.html

https://www.twincities.com/2017/03/13/gophers-sell-out-ticket-allotment-for-ncaa-tournament/
 

AreYouNUTS

Heisman
Aug 1, 2001
125,359
59,989
113
It's on a few sites that I linked below and I've heard the same number from colleagues that work in some of the arenas in charge of the ticket distribution. 1st/2nd round is 450 and S16/E8 is 1,250. I don't know if the S16/E8 number varies on it being played in a basketball arena vs a stadium though.

One thing to note too, is that the 450 ticket allotment is everything -- anything for the school itself, players' families, students, the band etc. comes out of that number.

https://www.kolotv.com/content/spor...-NCAA-Tournament-ticket-policy-506840431.html

https://www.twincities.com/2017/03/13/gophers-sell-out-ticket-allotment-for-ncaa-tournament/

That's a stunningly low # of tickets for 1st round games. Wow! Oh well...get'em through StubHub guys and gals...pretty simple!
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report The Knight Report - Ask The Experts Chat: September 30th Edition
  2. 02 On3 Football How to Watch College Football: TV schedule, start times, streaming info for Week 5 games
  3. 03 The Knight Report Greg Schiano Presser Recap + Early Thoughts on Indiana - TKR Pod
  4. 04 The Knight Report Four-Star Forward Brandon Woodard commits to Rutgers Basketball
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Wrestling's Newest Star Anthony Knox Addresses His Past and Looks Ahead