NCAA and NIT tickets

PiscatawayMike

Heisman
Jul 27, 2001
17,476
15,494
113
oh i could see football donors and politicians gobbling them up before the real fans
I was assured by my ticket rep that ONLY basketball STHs will get first crack at NCAA postseason tix, depending upon the number of priority points they have.

We shall see.

Actually, let me phrase that better. Let's hope that we shall see. It won't matter at all if we don't dance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bac2therac

bac2therac

Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2001
251,391
180,646
113
I was assured by my ticket rep that ONLY basketball STHs will get first crack at NCAA postseason tix, depending upon the number of priority points they have.

We shall see.

Actually, let me phrase that better. Let's hope that we shall see. It won't matter at all if we don't dance.


:ThumbsUp
 

Terry_2426

All-Conference
Aug 20, 2014
1,941
1,576
113
That # seems stunningly low...wow...where'd you see this?

It's on a few sites that I linked below and I've heard the same number from colleagues that work in some of the arenas in charge of the ticket distribution. 1st/2nd round is 450 and S16/E8 is 1,250. I don't know if the S16/E8 number varies on it being played in a basketball arena vs a stadium though.

One thing to note too, is that the 450 ticket allotment is everything -- anything for the school itself, players' families, students, the band etc. comes out of that number.

https://www.kolotv.com/content/spor...-NCAA-Tournament-ticket-policy-506840431.html

https://www.twincities.com/2017/03/13/gophers-sell-out-ticket-allotment-for-ncaa-tournament/
 

AreYouNUTS

Heisman
Aug 1, 2001
125,369
60,005
113
It's on a few sites that I linked below and I've heard the same number from colleagues that work in some of the arenas in charge of the ticket distribution. 1st/2nd round is 450 and S16/E8 is 1,250. I don't know if the S16/E8 number varies on it being played in a basketball arena vs a stadium though.

One thing to note too, is that the 450 ticket allotment is everything -- anything for the school itself, players' families, students, the band etc. comes out of that number.

https://www.kolotv.com/content/spor...-NCAA-Tournament-ticket-policy-506840431.html

https://www.twincities.com/2017/03/13/gophers-sell-out-ticket-allotment-for-ncaa-tournament/

That's a stunningly low # of tickets for 1st round games. Wow! Oh well...get'em through StubHub guys and gals...pretty simple!
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game
  2. 02 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  3. 03 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 4
  4. 04 The Knight Report Anthony Knox wants Iowa at Jersey Mike's Arena
  5. 05 The Knight Report Projected Rutgers Football depth chart versus Indiana