Kyle Tucker hints at two roster additions

HagginHall1999

Heisman
Oct 19, 2018
16,224
28,833
113
Thanks, that makes sense.

Usually when recruits enter the portal, within a day or two a reporter will post all the notable schools who reached out. For Jalen Tate (or any other guards in portal as far as I know) UK wasn’t listed. Not to say we couldn’t jump in later in the game, so definitely still possible, but that’s kinda why I think it may be a yet to be announced as transferring guy.


And he played at NKU under Brannen, so UC would be logical choice.
 

Barry MuCockinher

All-Conference
Nov 10, 2010
1,581
1,310
36
Amazing how "certain media members" are now saying "they" are hearing Cal will add a player. Of course this is an hour after tucker tweeted as much. Naturally this media person doesn't give Tucker credit for breaking that information smfh Unreal how the same guy passes off info as their own without giving credit.
 

HLW1010

Senior
Aug 30, 2014
478
749
0
Davion Mintz from Creighton maybe? I’d love to get Aiken or Turner. Or even Perry to piss Louisville fans off.
Called it. I read that over on HOB when people were still making guesses. Several people in the HOB were all over it.
 

K_TIME

Heisman
Jan 2, 2003
18,440
25,832
113
Looks like Mintz is the combo guard and I guess we're hoping Haarms as the C.

PG - Askew/Mintz
SG - Clarke/Allen
SF- Boston/Fletcher/Allen
PF - man we need EJ back/Brooks/Ware
C - Haarms/EJ/Jackson
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cats192

Drcats2025

Heisman
Nov 13, 2012
8,029
16,080
93
Looks like Mintz is the combo guard and I guess we're hoping Haarms as the C.

PG - Askew/Mintz
SG - Clarke/Allen
SF- Boston/Fletcher/Allen
PF - man we need EJ back/Brooks/Ware
C - Haarms/EJ/Jackson
I actually think Brooks could be a really good starter for us next year. Of course having Montgomery would be nice, but a Brooks / Haarms front court could do some damage.
 
Last edited:

Cats192

Heisman
Apr 22, 2011
14,924
17,879
93
I actually think Brooks could be a really good starter for us next year. Of course having Montgomery would be nice, but a Brooks / Haarms backcourt could do some damage.

Bingo.

Cal was running sets for Brooks in the Florida game--with the game on the line. He was hitting his stride and was probably going to blow up in the tourney.
 

BBallin23

All-American
Sep 1, 2009
16,367
7,963
67
I honestly don't think EJ wants to play center and I'm sure he wouldn't want to back up Brooks so he will prob hit the road. If UK gets the Purdue kid I think that is a net gain on what we would of had with EJ!
EJ would start at the 4, Harrms at the 5.
 

turkeywildturkey

All-Conference
Oct 23, 2003
2,647
2,202
0




Sounds like Haarms and Hardy, at least from what we know publicly.

Sounds to me like he’s just stating the obvious. Everyone knows UK’s needs, and whoever they get, it will be decided on fairly soon. Doesn’t sound like any specific hints here.
 

Padsfs07

All-Conference
Jan 19, 2013
3,984
3,869
108
I don’t believe he is a grad-transfer option. Also, there’s some previous legal issues this year with him; the charges were dropped and he was reinstated to the team, but I don’t believe Cal or the fan base is looking for someone with his previous history.


I just meant someone like him to fill a spot as a role player. Caldwell had academic issues at A&M I believe as well. I remember A&M fans comparing him to Fox back when he committed as they had Hogg, Davis, Williams, and Gilder and thought Caldwell was the missing piece. They had to get a Lipscomb grad transfer to make up for Caldwell being ineligible.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CoachKlein

Padsfs07

All-Conference
Jan 19, 2013
3,984
3,869
108
Thanks, that makes sense.

Usually when recruits enter the portal, within a day or two a reporter will post all the notable schools who reached out. For Jalen Tate (or any other guards in portal as far as I know) UK wasn’t listed. Not to say we couldn’t jump in later in the game, so definitely still possible, but that’s kinda why I think it may be a yet to be announced as transferring guy.


I could see Cincinnati being in on him with the Brannen connection and they desperately need guards after the Cumberland brothers graduated. They don't look like they will be very good next season either.
 

RunninRichie

Heisman
Sep 5, 2019
29,379
70,899
113
How would you guys like IQ back and then get Haarms and Greg Brown. That would be the best. All needs filled.
a lot of people are forgetting about Brown lots of positive vibes being let off by his father still think he’s a texas lock but a lot of people thought duke was a lock for Knox as well we’ll have to wait and see
 

wildcatdon

Heisman
Oct 17, 2012
10,637
13,638
113
I know Brown’s father wanted Greg to have some experience and size around him. Haarms, Jackson and Ware would help take the burden off of Brown.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RunninRichie
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football KSR Staff Predictions: No. 24 Kentucky at South Carolina
  2. 02 KSR Basketball John Pelphrey joins Mark Pope’s Kentucky staff as Director of Player Development
  3. 03 KSR Basketball Reece Potter used the offseason to bulk up as he eyes playing time in 2026-27
  4. 04 KSR Football Kentucky vs. South Carolina: National Media Takes
  5. 05 KSR Football UK Hall of Famer Jeff Van Note passes away