Kyle Tucker hints at two roster additions

CaytsBy90

All-Conference
Jul 15, 2019
1,172
2,687
113
Richards and quickley?
One could only hope, but it feels like Haarms is more likely to be a Cat than Richards or Quick returning.

On the other hand, I'm quite curious who Tucker is hinting at for the guard role. Although I'm nowhere near an insider it seems like we're on a downward trend for Hardy. Maybe IQ might actually run it back because it seems most of the PGs on the market who Cal would consider giving the reigns to are already off the market, or have cut us from their lists.

But again, who knows. lol
 

Bigblue2023

All-American
Jun 22, 2019
2,236
6,984
0
One could only hope, but it feels like Haarms is more likely to be a Cat than Richards or Quick returning.

On the other hand, I'm quite curious who Tucker is hinting at for the guard role. Although I'm nowhere near an insider it seems like we're on a downward trend for Hardy. Maybe IQ might actually run it back because it seems most of the PGs on the market who Cal would consider giving the reigns to are already off the market, or have cut us from their lists.

But again, who knows. lol

I've got no potential info on quickley, but his return wouldn't shock me given the current circumstances and the fact he'll have no opportunity to play himself to a higher draft position. I still think richards returns...
 

HagginHall1999

Heisman
Oct 19, 2018
16,224
28,833
113
Bryce Aiken announced finalists and we were not one, supposed to announce today.

Hardy, per above doesn't have us listed.

Justin Turner, Jalen Tate?

Haarms, Bruner?

I have no clue, obviously...lol
 

RunninRichie

Heisman
Sep 5, 2019
29,379
70,899
113
i’m salivating over this potential SUPER team
Quick
Boston
Clarke
Askew
Brooks
Haarms
Richards
Montgomery
Allen
Fletcher
Ware
Jackson


That team would be bring filthiness upon the hardwood never seen before with veteran leadership (Harrms,Richards,Quickley and Montgomery) and so much length and rebounding added with the rim protection of Harrms,Richards,Jackson and Montgomery and Ware
 

CaytsBy90

All-Conference
Jul 15, 2019
1,172
2,687
113
i’m salivating over this potential SUPER team
Quick
Boston
Clarke
Askew
Brooks
Haarms
Richards
Montgomery
Allen
Fletcher
Ware
Jackson


That team would be bring filthiness upon the hardwood never seen before with veteran leadership (Harrms,Richards,Quickley) and so much length and rebounding added with the rim protection of Harrms,Richards,Jackson and Montgomery and Ware

Seems like we share BIG dreams my friend lol
 

caneintally

Heisman
Oct 1, 2002
27,455
17,056
0
Quickley and one of EJ, Nick or Haarms is my guess.
He wasn't talking about guys returning . He said we would add a big and combo guard in grad market. Haarms is obviously the big he is talking about. Who knows who the guard is but it has been obvious for a week Hardy the older was coming here. he wants to star and here he would be Askew's back up . No matter who we bring in will be backing up askew. The only way Askew doesn't start is if IQ comes back which I don't expect.

I think maybe we get EJ back but getting someone like Haarms makes it not as important. as Haarms and JAckson at center with Brooks Ware and Fletcher at the 4 is a hell of a front line . Add EJ into that and it is the best front line in college.
 

Padsfs07

All-Conference
Jan 19, 2013
3,984
3,869
108
Hardy, as many have mentioned, wouldn't want to share the spotlight with a five-star true point guard like Askew, even if he's a freshman. And he won't get to score as much with Boston and Clarke on the wings.

I could see us getting a lower-level grad transfer guy to supplement Askew though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kygrandpa

caneintally

Heisman
Oct 1, 2002
27,455
17,056
0
Tucker isn't playing or whatever someone else said. Others are saying UK is about to add a guard as well. And Haarms obviously is the big . I said last week if we were really losing IQ and Richards ( as EJ we wont know about til August IMO ) then we will add a guard and a big . Well sounds like we are about to .
 

CoachKlein

Senior
Oct 13, 2019
351
870
93
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4067442/jalen-tate

I have not see his name mentioned by anyone with us [UK] officially, but he meets the need; more importantly, the mold that Cal wants in a guard.

-2x All-Defensive team in the Horizon League is what stands out first. Also, good size at 6’6. Talented guard from a quality program with a lot of game experience the last few years in a solid mid-major league ; not to mention they won the Horizon and were tournament-bound this year.

Again, no mention with Kentucky ... but we all know how the coaching staff likes to work (I.e. Reid Travis, Greg Brown’s scholarship offer, etc.)
 

BlueBloodKyFan73

All-Conference
Oct 29, 2010
3,954
4,977
113
i’m salivating over this potential SUPER team
Quick
Boston
Clarke
Askew
Brooks
Haarms
Richards
Montgomery
Allen
Fletcher
Ware
Jackson


That team would be bring filthiness upon the hardwood never seen before with veteran leadership (Harrms,Richards,Quickley and Montgomery) and so much length and rebounding added with the rim protection of Harrms,Richards,Jackson and Montgomery and Ware
I like it brother but I dint see it happening. We can only wish for it.
 

Padsfs07

All-Conference
Jan 19, 2013
3,984
3,869
108
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4067442/jalen-tate

I have not see his name mentioned by anyone with us [UK] officially, but he meets the need; more importantly, the mold that Cal wants in a guard.

-2x All-Defensive team in the Horizon League is what stands out first. Also, good size at 6’6. Talented guard from a quality program with a lot of game experience the last few years in a solid mid-major league ; not to mention they won the Horizon and were tournament-bound this year.

Again, no mention with Kentucky ... but we all know how the coaching staff likes to work (I.e. Reid Travis, Greg Brown’s scholarship offer, etc.)

I figured they get someone more like JJ Caldwell (leaving New Mexico)
 

CoachKlein

Senior
Oct 13, 2019
351
870
93
I figured they get someone more like JJ Caldwell (leaving New Mexico)

I don’t believe he is a grad-transfer option. Also, there’s some previous legal issues this year with him; the charges were dropped and he was reinstated to the team, but I don’t believe Cal or the fan base is looking for someone with his previous history.
 
Apr 1, 2013
16,636
16,620
0
i’m salivating over this potential SUPER team
Quick
Boston
Clarke
Askew
Brooks
Haarms
Richards
Montgomery
Allen
Fletcher
Ware
Jackson


That team would be bring filthiness upon the hardwood never seen before with veteran leadership (Harrms,Richards,Quickley and Montgomery) and so much length and rebounding added with the rim protection of Harrms,Richards,Jackson and Montgomery and Ware
40-0
 

CoachKlein

Senior
Oct 13, 2019
351
870
93
IF Richards returns will Haarms come to UK ?

No.

Im going forward under the premise that we lose all five guys. It sucks, but it’s not the end. Think about this lineup.

Starting Five:
Jalen Tate (NKU grad-transfer)
Clarke
Boston
Brooks
Haarms

Bench:
Askew
Allen
Fletcher
Ware
Jackson

That is what I believe is the more realistic scenario at this point. However, a Quickley return could mitigate the grad-transfer guard; as with everyone else, I do hope Immanuel returns—that would be ideal.

Also, food for thought: personally, I believe it is time for EJ to move on to some type of professional organization. I love the kid and would welcome him back, but I’m not sure if it’s in everyone’s best interest now. The pressure would be so high and the expectations for him to perform, I just don’t think that’s something he needs personally; and the program itself can’t hang on with someone in that position. A fresh start would be best.
 

MorganNewtonFan

All-Conference
Feb 5, 2019
835
2,716
93
Maybe it’s Tate but with these teaser tweets I kinda feel like it will be a bigger name (power conference school), someone who hasn’t announced yet.

like we weren’t going after the Radford transfer UofL got or any other currently available guards other than Hardy for a brief time right? Idk, just seems like we wouldn’t be taking a small school guy for the guard spot.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Women's Basketball Rhyne Howard has the Atlanta Dream in the semifinals of the WNBA Playoffs
  2. 02 KSR Football Alex Afari, Mark Mitchell ruled ineligible following NCAA win in Kentucky Court of Appeals
  3. 03 KSR Basketball Recruiting 5-star SF DeMarcus Henry schedules official visit to Kentucky
  4. 04 KSR Football KSR Staff Predictions: No. 24 Kentucky at South Carolina
  5. 05 KSR Basketball John Pelphrey joins Mark Pope’s Kentucky staff as Director of Player Development