Just returned from Caravan in Lexington

anon1763419335

All-American
Feb 10, 2006
23,231
5,077
113
if there are any uk players out there reading this. next time there is a fan event, just pretend to be sick and stay home. avoid this nonsense.
 

kevcat

Heisman
Feb 26, 2007
27,686
32,625
0
You are absolutely correct. I was really hoping this thread would die yesterday but it has turned into a monster. I’ve been called a liar several times, which is fine. My wife and children have been called ugly, which is fine. And people are at eachother’s throats. Lol.

That is the problem with America today. You can’t report an observation with no malicious intent without everyone with an opinion chiming in behind a computer screen crying LIAR! PANSY! ATTACK THEIR FAMILY! GET A LIFE!

I’m cool with all that. It’s a message board. Listening to some of these people you would have thought my original post said: PJ is a horrible person morally. We should kick him off the team. I am writing a letter to the AD. I demand an explanation. Haha.

Bottom line. Period. By all means dude was having a bad day and I was over it shortly after my post. I’m on to wondering and dreaming about how him and Travis are gonna murder teams next season.

People wanna down other people to make themselves feel better. Carry on some of you. That’s a horrible life to live. Go frigging Cats. Beat Duke.
You just have to laugh. It’s all good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: crpoore

Son_Of_Saul

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2007
45,963
102,176
113
You can always tell when UK has a loaded team when threads like this, focusing on trivialities, dominate the narrative.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mike-D and kevcat

kevcat

Heisman
Feb 26, 2007
27,686
32,625
0
You can always tell when UK has a loaded team when threads like this, focusing on trivialities, dominate the narrative.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Life is good for UK fans right now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: crpoore

Mike-D

Heisman
Jul 14, 2001
50,464
75,674
113
Mike hit a junt. I can tell you haven’t had your morning smoke. Out of character.

Nah, at this point I’m just joking around. Don’t smoke. The OP may be telling the truth, I have no idea. I will always side with the players in this instance as I’m either siding with them or some random person online. We have no actual proof of anything. What else am I supposed to do?
 

morgousky

Heisman
Sep 5, 2009
23,959
43,171
0
Nah, at this point I’m just joking around. Don’t smoke. The OP may be telling the truth, I have no idea. I will always side with the players in this instance as I’m either siding with them or some random person online. We have no actual proof of anything. What else am I supposed to do?

Start smoking?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mike-D

BlueElvis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2016
1,237
1,675
0
I can understand both sides of the argument..as a fan, you made plans,spent money,logistics and all that to meet your hero's, who may or may not be having a good day and sometimes it doesn't turn out the way we expected..

I grew up a huge Steelers fan from as long as i can remember,early 70's. So naturally I'm a big fan of Big Ben, I've had the opportunity to meet him several times in GA. anyways...sometimes he was just a total grouch *** and wouldn't even speak to anyone and at times downright rude, but on other occasions he would sign for anybody and everybody. Hell one time we were all in this bar and he was buying everybody shot's,beers you name it. He was even so nice to this one girl he let her perform oral sex on him in the bathroom..So I'd sum it all up as just the human element of people on any given day..
 

morgousky

Heisman
Sep 5, 2009
23,959
43,171
0
We all differ, but this is the yikes part on my end. A 18 year old kid that plays basketball at UK is your hero?

Don’t take the word so literal.

Take Kentucky for example. We don’t have regular athletes. We have future NBA HOF’ers. Some will be nba all stars 12 months from now. That’s not your typical 4 year Joe Crawford’s.

So yes, AD will make grown men crawl out of the woodwork just like if it was Michael Jordan or Lebron James, because well, he is.

I talk to guys on this board who are no different. They might not ask for pictures or autographs, but they love to tell the stories of how they know the players and interact with them.

These guys are larger than life. It doesn’t matter that some are 18.
 

shutzhund

All-Conference
Nov 19, 2005
29,202
2,619
0
To be fair I've never sought an autograph or hung out with anyone who did so and maybe I'm missing something. However, from what I've seen it looks like those who can succeed will do so and those who can't collect signatures.

Little boys do it because they are emulating their fathers and will continue until they grow a little older. Usually puberty will take care of chasing autographs.

PJ will be just fine if he never signs another autograph but he knows it comes with the game and he will adjust and pretend to enjoy the experience.
 

4UK

All-Conference
Sep 26, 2005
30,388
4,433
0
Dude did not want to spend another year in Lexington.

He'll get over it, or Cal will readjust his attitude.

It took five pages, but someone finally nailed it. It's a rude awakening for someone who had the misguided idea that he was a one-and-done to go from thinking you're going to be at the NBA draft in New York to instead be on the Wildcat caravan in eastern Kentucky.
 

LineSkiCat14

Heisman
Aug 5, 2015
39,686
62,571
113
I can understand both sides of the argument..as a fan, you made plans,spent money,logistics and all that to meet your hero's, who may or may not be having a good day and sometimes it doesn't turn out the way we expected..

I grew up a huge Steelers fan from as long as i can remember,early 70's. So naturally I'm a big fan of Big Ben, I've had the opportunity to meet him several times in GA. anyways...sometimes he was just a total grouch *** and wouldn't even speak to anyone and at times downright rude, but on other occasions he would sign for anybody and everybody. Hell one time we were all in this bar and he was buying everybody shot's,beers you name it. He was even so nice to this one girl he let her perform oral sex on him in the bathroom..So I'd sum it all up as just the human element of people on any given day..

How does this post not have 30 likes?
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlueElvis
Jul 26, 2003
21,180
11,162
0
People have always talked about how nice Tubby was but I saw him shun a kid once. Not the type to go out of his way much, just too much extra work.

PJ will be starting over more talented players all year. Just hope he plays more with a scowl on his face all the time and not just when he dunks the like he s[did something big. Use that dunk scowl to defend and rebound 100% of the time. That's what really matters.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kevcat

kevcat

Heisman
Feb 26, 2007
27,686
32,625
0
People have always talked about how nice Tubby was but I saw him shun a kid once. Not the type to go out of his way much, just too much extra work.

PJ will be starting over more talented players all year. Just hope he plays more with a scowl on his face all the time and not just when he dunks the like he s[did something big. Use that dunk scowl to defend and rebound 100% of the time. That's what really matters.
Spot on
 
  • Like
Reactions: crpoore
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Will Stein and Shane Beamer's Relationship Comes Full Circle on Saturday
  2. 02 KSR Football Will Stein Shares Kenny Minchey 4-Game Progress Report
  3. 03 KSR Basketball Improved decision-making is helping Alex Wilkins reach his high ceiling
  4. 04 KSR One of Will Wade's LSU players (who was also a former Kentucky target) is heading back overseas
  5. 05 KSR Cats in the NFL BBNFL Week 3: Wan'Dale Robinson and Chris Rodriguez find the end zone