Jay Paterno Gets It Right

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,473
4,143
113
Using your twisted a$$ spins and logic, prove Jay got the jobs based on his name.
We know he did--he would have never been a coach wiht it
If he doesn't coach he certainly isn't doing motivational speaking
Why does it bother you that his success is because of his father? It's like a Kennedy trying to claim they weren't given things
 
  • Like
Reactions: psuslu

Chumboshifko1

All-Conference
Oct 15, 2025
2,972
3,181
113
We know he did--he would have never been a coach wiht it
If he doesn't coach he certainly isn't doing motivational speaking
Why does it bother you that his success is because of his father? It's like a Kennedy trying to claim they weren't given things

You're full of 💩 , caught again in your spins and nonsense. You can't prove your retarded assertions, as usual.

You jacka$$.
 

kgilbert78

All-Conference
Apr 9, 2013
1,106
1,710
113
If true, it will be a first. IMO, a nepotism hire that absolutely destroyed our recruiting in Ohio when given that job ( we used to get KIJana Carter, and Jeff Hardings, and Kim Herring, only 3 of the best players PSU ever had from Ohio. He takes over and we get preferred walk-ons like Joe Iorio and O$Us rejects). He then does things like recruits Canadians - remember Francis Claude? No? Neither does anyone else. As a rule, I don’t take anythIng entitled princelings say seriously.
Iorio DID make it to the NFL, if only for one game (and spent a few years with the Colts on the taxi squad). Made good money doing that (his cousin had the office across from mine for a few years).
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

Marshall2323

All-American
Aug 7, 2024
5,050
5,338
113
Fixed. Let’s be honest here.
I hold 1 grudge. Kraft. That's honest. I promise I won't be hating on him 15 years after he's gone. (I'm 76 :ROFLMAO:
HIs handling of the search and disregard for the 2026 recruiting class will impact PSU football for the next 3 years.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,520
22,701
113
I hold 1 grudge. Kraft. That's honest. I promise I won't be hating on him 15 years after he's gone. (I'm 76 :ROFLMAO:
HIs handling of the search and disregard for the 2026 recruiting class will impact PSU football for the next 3 years.
Fair enough. Thanks for takin’ the time.
 

JVP_Yahweh

Senior
Nov 29, 2004
5,289
937
113
A lot of people think that the Spread HD was the greatest innovation in football since the forward pass was invented. I know Urban Mayer has called it out as influencing his philosophy
 

m.knox

All-American
Aug 20, 2003
5,079
5,090
113
Who knows, maybe spread hd would have worked better than Becht hd on Saturday .

Let's just hope it was one and only one bad day for Becht last Saturday. After watching Tengwall's breakdown, everyone else seemed to play acceptably sans the run game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Chumboshifko1

Bvillebaron

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
3,170
3,119
113
Many could care less about your drivel. I'm one of them. Go blow your hole elsewhere.
I have lots of disagreements with Lando. But this a comment board and he is entitled to his opinions. If that offends you so much, put down your blue and white sunglasses and heed your own advice.
I hold 1 grudge. Kraft. That's honest. I promise I won't be hating on him 15 years after he's gone. (I'm 76 :ROFLMAO:
HIs handling of the search and disregard for the 2026 recruiting class will impact PSU football for the next 3 years.
Or unfortunately more.
 

Calabrin

All-Conference
Oct 16, 2022
1,664
2,028
113
If true, it will be a first. IMO, a nepotism hire that absolutely destroyed our recruiting in Ohio when given that job ( we used to get KIJana Carter, and Jeff Hardings, and Kim Herring, only 3 of the best players PSU ever had from Ohio. He takes over and we get preferred walk-ons like Joe Iorio and O$Us rejects). He then does things like recruits Canadians - remember Francis Claude? No? Neither does anyone else. As a rule, I don’t take anythIng entitled princelings say seriously.
Yep. The hiring of Jay was an indefensible move by Joe. The very idea of having limited coaching positions, and giving one of them to your kid who has no qualifications to be coaching QBs at a premier university football program is appallingly bad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

s1uggo72

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
7,340
5,919
113
Yep. The hiring of Jay was an indefensible move by Joe. The very idea of having limited coaching positions, and giving one of them to your kid who has no qualifications to be coaching QBs at a premier university football program is appallingly bad.
name one assistant coach the Joe hired that had an extensive coaching resume at the time they were hired, except former players. I'll wait.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Chumboshifko1

Chumboshifko1

All-Conference
Oct 15, 2025
2,972
3,181
113
I have lots of disagreements with Lando. But this a comment board and he is entitled to his opinions. If that offends you so much, put down your blue and white sunglasses and heed your own advice.

Or unfortunately more.

What color glasses do you wear?
 

JoePaMajorCFBrecord409Ws

All-Conference
Jun 26, 2025
1,042
1,063
113
Listen, I love/loved JoePa as much as anyone (God bless his soul, may he RIP). But the things that led to success in Joe's era (first among them Recruiting) and the NCAA Rules are nothing like the factors that lead to success or the Rules (of which there are virtually none in regards to UFA) in today's game. HCMC can emulate and honor Joe's Grand Experiment and Joe's admiration-worthy character, but that will not necessarily lead to success in today's Professional College Football League today.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Recruiting Four under-the-radar visitors from this past weekend that Penn State fans need to know
  2. 02 BWI Football How Penn State Uses Josiah Zayas and Zion Tracy So Differently at the Same Position
  3. 03 BWI Football Everything Matt Campell said to explain the Penn State 4th and 1 fourth quarter plan, timeout usage, vs. Wisconsin
  4. 04 BWI Football Top Tuesday takeaways from Penn State offensive coordinator Taylor Mouser: On 3rd and long runs, red zone issues, more
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State head coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: Northwestern