On paper she should be a good coach, resume is solid. Short of pulling an established elite coach, what else can Cohen do but go after a winning head coach that played under Staley?
This is just an effect of women’s college basketball in general. There aren’t any elite programs, just a handful of elite coaches. Look at TN nowadays. We got extremely fortunate that Schaefer turned out to be elite, but he was always going back to TX someday. Odds of immediately plugging in another elite coach were never great.
On paper she should be a good coach, resume is solid. Short of pulling an established elite coach, what else can Cohen do but go after a winning head coach that played under Staley?
This is just an effect of women’s college basketball in general. There aren’t any elite programs, just a handful of elite coaches. Look at TN nowadays. We got extremely fortunate that Schaefer turned out to be elite, but he was always going back to TX someday. Odds of immediately plugging in another elite coach were never great.
She played under Summit. And TN didn't give her a sniff in their hires since Summit. I told y'all last week girls are going to transfer out end of season. Lots of issues. This staff needs to get a hold of things.
Based on body language, I believe Rickea and Carter are done.
Based on body language, I believe Rickea and Carter are done.
On paper she should be a good coach, resume is solid. Short of pulling an established elite coach, what else can Cohen do but go after a winning head coach that played under Staley?
This is just an effect of women’s college basketball in general. There aren’t any elite programs, just a handful of elite coaches. Look at TN nowadays. We got extremely fortunate that Schaefer turned out to be elite, but he was always going back to TX someday. Odds of immediately plugging in another elite coach were never great.
I lay it at the door of the man who hired her. He missed BADLY on this one.
Did you notice that she sat her lazy *** in the chair 90% of the game today. Unless I'm unaware of a physical ailment that would have led to that, that is unbelievable when your team is showing no life, no effort, no sense of urgency, or no emotion. Vic would have been stomping, throwing his coat and sitting butts on the bench. I take that back, if Vic were here they wouldn't have played like this because they knew they wouldn't be able to get away with it. She is totally in over her head with this.
Do you honestly feel qualified to call a woman who won championships at every stage of her career, was 2 time SEC player of the year, MVP of a professional league and has 2 Olympic gold medals a "lazy ***"?
I'm gonna say you've got the right, but probably aren't qualified.
She played under Summit. And TN didn't give her a sniff in their hires since Summit. I told y'all last week girls are going to transfer out end of season. Lots of issues. This staff needs to get a hold of things.
Did Joe Moorhead escape blame because Cohen made a bad hire? No, and he shouldn’t have. The decline in this team is mind boggling and that is on her as much as Cohen.
I'll never say anything again about Fanning underachieving with a number one and number two draft pick on the same team
I lay it at the door of the man who hired her. He missed BADLY on this one.
I think I'm pretty qualified to say that she's not getting the job done this year.
Big difference in taking over for a coach who just got fired and taking over for a coach that left for another job and left the program stocked with All-American recruits.
Big difference in taking over for a coach who just got fired and taking over for a coach that left for another job and left the program stocked with All-American recruits.
She played under Summit. And TN didn't give her a sniff in their hires since Summit. I told y'all last week girls are going to transfer out end of season. Lots of issues. This staff needs to get a hold of things.
I lay it at the door of the man who hired her. He missed BADLY on this one.
NMP is in the same position Leach was in...few bad apples ruining the program and will require a purge to get her players in here that want to work...heard it started last year and really came oh this year...I still believe in her and things will get better
Will you still be spewing this crap when the bad apples transfer to Texas and become all Americans?
Basketball coach didn’t take over from a program that had no discipline and a coach that couldn’t control the players. Leach did. I don’t buy that excuse with the ladies team.
Will you still be spewing this crap when the bad apples transfer to Texas and become all Americans?
Basketball coach didn’t take over from a program that had no discipline and a coach that couldn’t control the players. Leach did. I don’t buy that excuse with the ladies team.
Again, my post concerned her being characterized as a lazy *** because her sideline demeanor doesn't match that of our previous coach. The jury is way out on her ultimate quality as a high level D1 coach.
Btw, Vic's post at Texas was the #1 rated HS player in the country by some services as a senior and just about everybody else was Top 50 or 100, so the cupboard there wasn't particularly bare.
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
Maroon and White Football
"Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
Maroon and White Football
"We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
Maroon and White
Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama