Husker free message board

Dec 2, 2022
170
0
16
The free board was on inside Nebraska. That website shut down. HuskerOnline has not had a free board in a long time. There were two different Nebraska websites until last week.
Sean Callahan sounds like you are having a difficult time explaining the situation. I would like to offer you a job as a paid intern. I represent the recruitment of the world. We can get you out of this little small town Nebraska. I'm sure we can more than easily double your salary. You'll have to interview for it though.
 

GeorgeFlippin

Heisman
May 29, 2001
38,656
35,621
113
I would go to HuskerOnline, took me to the main page, I hit the Forums and the drop down had Lobby, Husker Board (the free one) and Red Sea Scrolls. That was 5 days or so ago. Then one day, no HuskerBoard anymore in the drop down box.

I don't care what the reason was, it would be nice to go to a site where most of the posters are hanging out there. We managed the change a few years back, we'll find another. Anyone knows where a site is, let us all know, I like PennsyHusker, Der Husker (great food pics) and a lot of the others.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HuskerO58

HuskerO58

All-Conference
Sep 11, 2006
14,431
2,629
113
I would go to HuskerOnline, took me to the main page, I hit the Forums and the drop down had Lobby, Husker Board (the free one) and Red Sea Scrolls. That was 5 days or so ago. Then one day, no HuskerBoard anymore in the drop down box.

I don't care what the reason was, it would be nice to go to a site where most of the posters are hanging out there. We managed the change a few years back, we'll find another. Anyone knows where a site is, let us all know, I like PennsyHusker, Der Husker (great food pics) and a lot of the others.
Huskerboard.com maybe?

Pretty sure back in 2025 when the free rivals board went bye bye, a bunch of posters hopped there. Not sure how active it is.

 

Alum-Ni

Heisman
Aug 29, 2004
48,210
46,066
113
It’s still BS you don’t mutually agree without warning of any kind. Sean is still a weasel you don’t mutual agree one day and end it the next .
Sounds like it was in the works for a while with the publisher of Inside Nebraska. Sean didn't have anything to do with it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Truewooper

Kato

Senior
Dec 23, 2006
2,159
604
113
Back when On3 bought out Rivals we were told there would still be a free board. Pure BS to have pulled it out of the blue. After Rivals finally shut down, everyone moved here, there was a lot going on. I'll be damned if I now pay on3 to join their pay site now. Facebook has a few Husker sites, plenty of other places to talk Husker football without bowing to this two faced place. On3 sucks and only works to drive people away from Husker football. The free board gained people's interest in possibly paying for the pay side of the site. Hope the Scrolls collapses under poor management.
 

Alum-Ni

Heisman
Aug 29, 2004
48,210
46,066
113
Then Sean needs to just say that . He was posting on why this was shut down and making excuses it’s because of this or that .
It's not really his place to say though. The publisher/owner of Inside Nebraska did communicate this out to those on that site. (I don't know if he published it on the free board, but he did on the paid board of that site............I read it)
 

Big bo fan

All-American
Jan 8, 2019
20,305
7,671
113
It's not really his place to say though. The publisher/owner of Inside Nebraska did communicate this out to those on that site. (I don't know if he published it on the free board, but he did on the paid board of that site............I read it)
I agree Sean needs to keep his mouth shut then .if he not involved then just say nothing. The Pub/ owner didn’t post on the free board and that’s what’s got everyone upset.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Truewooper

Scoop123

All-Conference
Jan 9, 2026
948
1,624
92
Was it my "3 good / 3 bad" threads that was the final nail?

Ha! Dang - what a bummer. Doesn't make sense to me that you have a Nebraska community with so many people that you turn away. In business we would try and monetize this. Doesn't work? Get better. Bring value, give them something they want - lower fee's, better content, etc. Don't blame 100 or 200 potential clients sitting on your front porch - change your focus and improve your offering.

I read this entire thread and have zero clue why this happened or the relationship with on3 and our old board vs. On3's relationship with Sean and Huskerland Preps. What is the difference? It's one big confusing world to me (which again, means "get better" if you want subscribers. Make it simple.). Even this thread isn't simple.

To sit here and listen to Sean say there was no one at the free board was frustrating. Okay, now you all figured out it's not the same board we were on vs. the one Sean's talking about years ago. Well - if you believe in it Sean (and traffic was the only issue) - you have a LOT of Husker fans who are orphans right now and willing to join a free board if willing.

Feels like a lot of hot air to me.
 

Kato

Senior
Dec 23, 2006
2,159
604
113
The sad thing is, lowley Iowa still has a free board and we don't. Shame on you all! The one big problem I see happening is you'll st there twittling your thumbs until one day you'll decide to bring it back. The problem is, everyone will be gone. You lost the entry way to introducing your pay side of this board. It will just be a blind site with no entry point. Terrible business plan.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Truewooper

Sean Callahan

Publisher
Staff member
May 29, 2001
57,349
226,670
113
It’s still BS you don’t mutually agree without warning of any kind. Sean is still a weasel you don’t mutual agree one day and end it the next .

We had no say. Their site went away when the publisher decided to end his deal early. The site, the content, and the boards went away at that point.
 

Truewooper

Senior
Jun 1, 2022
1,640
653
113
Was it my "3 good / 3 bad" threads that was the final nail?

Ha! Dang - what a bummer. Doesn't make sense to me that you have a Nebraska community with so many people that you turn away. In business we would try and monetize this. Doesn't work? Get better. Bring value, give them something they want - lower fee's, better content, etc. Don't blame 100 or 200 potential clients sitting on your front porch - change your focus and improve your offering.

I read this entire thread and have zero clue why this happened or the relationship with on3 and our old board vs. On3's relationship with Sean and Huskerland Preps. What is the difference? It's one big confusing world to me (which again, means "get better" if you want subscribers. Make it simple.). Even this thread isn't simple.

To sit here and listen to Sean say there was no one at the free board was frustrating. Okay, now you all figured out it's not the same board we were on vs. the one Sean's talking about years ago. Well - if you believe in it Sean (and traffic was the only issue) - you have a LOT of Husker fans who are orphans right now and willing to join a free board if willing.

Feels like a lot of hot air to me.
I knew when I saw that one that it was over. They just couldn't handle it anymore.
 
Jul 10, 2008
3,792
795
112
Sean is saying the site we used for the free board was shut down. He’s also saying he used to have a free board nobody used so he shut it down. If that’s the case, why not put that free board back up? Guarantee all of us would be using it now. From our perspective, THIS was the website we were on anyways. Very confusing
 

GeorgeFlippin

Heisman
May 29, 2001
38,656
35,621
113
So are there a few sites that posters are going to? I'd like to get on them, see if the old crew might be around. PennsyHusker, Der Husker, King Kong, and many of the others.
 
Jul 10, 2008
3,792
795
112
So are there a few sites that posters are going to? I'd like to get on them, see if the old crew might be around. PennsyHusker, Der Husker, King Kong, and many of the others.
I don’t know if the others are there but this is the best I’ve found

 
Huskerland Preps

Latest

  1. 01 Huskerland Preps Huskerland Week 6 Top Tens: 11-Man
  2. 02 Huskerland Preps Football Friday: More Unbeatens, East Butler at Shelby-Rising City
  3. 03 Huskerland Preps Football Friday: Rising Med Valley to Challenge Arthur County
  4. 04 Huskerland Preps Football Friday: Aurora at Scottsbluff in Class B Clash of Unbeatens
  5. 05 Huskerland Preps Meet the Coach: Tony Kobza, Raymond Central (2024)