This game was virtually conceded when we brought in Simms Saturday. You can blame the defense for that, but I still think Lemonis pulled the triggered too soon. He wanted to lock in a series win, and that’s what we got.
This pretty well describes my feeling. I thought Lemonis jumped the gun on Saturday by bringing in Simms when we had a stable of guys that could have gotten us through 2 innings. That said, it’s hard to fault a coach for grabbing the opportunity to lock up a series win on the road. You just never know when you might bring a guy like Stinnett in, and he just can’t find the zone.
The one takeaway from this past weekend that just makes me want to punch a wall is the left side of the infield. I get that errors are going to be made at times when you’re trying to rush throws across a diamond, but we’ve got to lead the dang country in entirely unforced errors that also come at the worst possible time during a game.
Maroon and White Football
Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
Maroon and White Football
"I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
Maroon and White Football
Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
Rivals Football Recruiting
Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
Maroon and White Football
Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou