How much did Foxhall getting tossed affect the outcome?

Ranchdawg

All-Conference
Dec 13, 2012
4,721
3,994
113
The Umpire was definitely leaning toward the SEC getting another host site..
 

bulldogcountry1

Redshirt
Jun 4, 2007
2,311
1
38
I think having Leggett and Hatcher in the 3-4 holes at the end of the game had more to do with it. With the offensive lineup we had there at the end, it was going to take a home run from Rowdey, TA, or Tanner for us to score at all.

This game was virtually conceded when we brought in Simms Saturday. You can blame the defense for that, but I still think Lemonis pulled the triggered too soon. He wanted to lock in a series win, and that’s what we got.

Yesterday was just a hot mess with the poor umpiring, both teams leaving so many runners on base, and some odd coaching decisions. Let’s just take series win and move on.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,473
22,016
113
Follow up question - how much coaching did Foxhall do once he was ejected? I still say a decent amount.
 

notoriousD_O_G

Redshirt
Apr 1, 2013
2,710
0
0
This game was virtually conceded when we brought in Simms Saturday. You can blame the defense for that, but I still think Lemonis pulled the triggered too soon. He wanted to lock in a series win, and that’s what we got.

I know that they like to use Sims for mulitiple innings once a weekend but we sweep this series if we just use him to get out of trouble Saturday and give him the 9th today
 

cowbell88

All-Conference
Jan 11, 2009
3,365
1,095
113
I saw where the SC catcher was wearing a ear piece, but didn’t notice if Logan was or not. If he was TV coverage would have made that easy to do.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,611
7,827
113
This pretty well describes my feeling. I thought Lemonis jumped the gun on Saturday by bringing in Simms when we had a stable of guys that could have gotten us through 2 innings. That said, it’s hard to fault a coach for grabbing the opportunity to lock up a series win on the road. You just never know when you might bring a guy like Stinnett in, and he just can’t find the zone.

The one takeaway from this past weekend that just makes me want to punch a wall is the left side of the infield. I get that errors are going to be made at times when you’re trying to rush throws across a diamond, but we’ve got to lead the dang country in entirely unforced errors that also come at the worst possible time during a game.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,611
7,827
113
I’m still not entirely sure. There was an odd sequence early on where where play kept getting halted while SC was up to bat. I think the batter called time the first time, then the home plate ump stopped the game the second time and tapped his watch, and then Tanner waved Fristoe off the mound the third time. I couldn’t tell from the tv angle, but Tanner may have been signaling our pitcher to back off the mound right when the 2B ump was walking in to toss Foxhall.

I’m just speculating, but something tells me that Foxhall did not at all appreciate the home plate ump’s motion to our pitcher to speed things up, but I swear... never in my life have I seen a 2B ump so quickly toss a coach that wasn’t even out of the dugout. Either something awful happened that I completely missed or that ump needs a harsh reprimand. He severely overstepped his boundaries and needlessly altered the entire game
 

rynodawg

Senior
May 29, 2007
1,170
418
83
I hate to beat the dead horse of Landon Jordan, but he would be starting at 3B now if he just stuck around. James could stay at DH, and we’d have another .280 bat in the lineup in Jordan.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,155
5,705
113
This pretty well describes my feeling. I thought Lemonis jumped the gun on Saturday by bringing in Simms when we had a stable of guys that could have gotten us through 2 innings. That said, it’s hard to fault a coach for grabbing the opportunity to lock up a series win on the road. You just never know when you might bring a guy like Stinnett in, and he just can’t find the zone.

The one takeaway from this past weekend that just makes me want to punch a wall is the left side of the infield. I get that errors are going to be made at times when you’re trying to rush throws across a diamond, but we’ve got to lead the dang country in entirely unforced errors that also come at the worst possible time during a game.

Lemonis has been pretty clear that he is worried about a national seed first and Omaha and the SEC championship is secondary. We locked up a series win by pitching Sims, which is what we needed to do to stay on pace for a national seed. We also gave other pitchers a chance to develop on Sunday in meaningful innings, which we need to do to be in the best position possible for the post season. I doubt Lemonis would do anything different even with hindsight and he wont' do anything different next time.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,674
12,371
113
Did SC not have a clock like we do @ The Dude? It keeps track of time between pitches and he wouldn't have to tap his watch or whatever he was doing.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four