Hank or Heck?

Who you got?


  • Total voters
    70

citizenHawk1

All-Conference
Jul 10, 2025
414
1,043
93
Iowa offense actually looked... modern tonight?
Sure, the defensive comparison isn't fair, but maybe Lester's plays just looked the way they are designed to look with Heck, and that might be a big difference in how he was able to get UW so off balance. The movement in the offense just seemed right. I want to see more.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Stoopsbrother

longliveCS40

All-American
Oct 25, 2002
2,128
8,472
113
I only voted for Brown because I thought @longliveCS40 was lonely out there all by himself.
I don't have a strong opinion but voted Hank because I kind of expected the Heck landslide.

Heck looked great against a really bad defense on their heels due to the run game. Hank's only loss is to possibly the best team in the nation.

Heck might be the guy but Hank is still more proven at this point. Plus, this is Ferentz ball...you call yourselves fans while going for the sexy option? Defense, special teams, and bad QB play are our calling card!
 

7and5baby

Freshman
Sep 22, 2018
34
57
18
rewatch all of Hanks throws (when not playing a HS team). 3/4 throws were high, low, behind, or too far ahead of receivers. Our sterling Big3 receivers bailed him out a lot. Even when caught, rarely was receiver hit in stride
 
Jul 6, 2025
452
951
93
Heck has some Drew Tate, Ricky Stanzi and CJ Beathard type moxie and swagger in him. Hank seems more Nate Stanley, Spencer Petras and Jake Ruddock with his leadership and “more game manager” style. Nothing wrong with any of that, and I’m ok with either leading us the rest of the way.

All that said, I’m going with Heck.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Hawkeye Report Podcast
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Kirk Ferentz talks win over Washington
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Career high day for Kamari Moulton
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Jeremy Hecklinski shines in first start
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Hawkeyes dominate Huskies