FC/OT: Is Cory Giger right?

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
Becht’s numbers are a product of longevity, not talent. Seems like a great kid though.
You don't play long if you don't have talent. No one is claim he's elite but he's FAR better than someone like Matt Seneca
Just because too many people here only watch Penn State football isn't a reason to ignore facts. He has 10k yards and over 70 passing TDs. That's not just longevity.
Would you rather have Beau?
 

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,755
21,189
113
You don't play long if you don't have talent. No one is claim he's elite but he's FAR better than someone like Matt Seneca
Just because too many people here only watch Penn State football isn't a reason to ignore facts. He has 10k yards and over 70 passing TDs. That's not just longevity.
Would you rather have Beau?

It’s just a fact. He’s played more games than any other college QB (but doesn’t lead current QBs in TDs strangely enough…). And he was at Iowa State - not USC or something. It’s a ‘no defense’ conference where QBs have put up big numbers forever. At this point sorta doesn’t matter who the QB is. I also do not get your schtick - is it to be contrarian to everyone all the time? Calmly troll? Getting old man. Take a break.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Efejle

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
It’s just a fact. He’s played more games than any other college QB (but doesn’t lead current QBs in TDs strangely enough…). And he was at Iowa State - not USC or something. It’s a ‘no defense’ conference where QBs have put up big numbers forever. At this point sorta doesn’t matter who the QB is. I also do not get your schtick - is it to be contrition to everyone all the time? Calmly troll? Getting old man. Take a break.
How am I being a contrarian by not always attacking our QB? Becht played awful but if you think I'm the problem when people are comparing him to Seneca or Roberson then I couldn't care less about your opinion. You realize how stupid it is to compare him to Seneca, correct? You realize that playing in the Big XII is still not only FBS football but P4 football even if it's in the second tier of that. He didn't put up numbers at Delaware.
And my point stands--you don't start for 4 years without talent.
 

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,755
21,189
113
How am I being a contrarian by not always attacking our QB? Becht played awful but if you think I'm the problem when people are comparing him to Seneca or Roberson then I couldn't care less about your opinion. You realize how stupid it is to compare him to Seneca, correct? You realize that playing in the Big XII is still not only FBS football but P4 football even if it's in the second tier of that. He didn't put up numbers at Delaware.
And my point stands--you don't start for 4 years without talent.

You do at Iowa State. Clearly isn’t cut out for big time football (or, what was once big time football). I’d quit focusing on the Seneca comparison - he’s just not that good. Period. Past performance clearly not an indicator of current/future success.
 

Efejle

All-Conference
Apr 30, 2023
1,231
2,537
113
You do at Iowa State. Clearly isn’t cut out for big time football (or, what was once big time football). I’d quit focusing on the Seneca comparison - he’s just not that good. Period. Past performance clearly not an indicator of current/future success.
The comparison here is actually Zach Mills, not Matt Senneca: Zach Mills, very VERY much like Rocco, was a talented and successful QB until he suffered an upper body injury, that did not ever heal... EXACTLY like what we are seeing right now with Becht.

Rocco is playing hurt.
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
You do at Iowa State. Clearly isn’t cut out for big time football (or, what was once big time football). I’d quit focusing on the Seneca comparison - he’s just not that good. Period. Past performance clearly not an indicator of current/future success.

Did you ever watch him play at Iowa State? Especially in 2024 when he had two future NFL receivers?
And, no, past performance doesn't dictate future success. That doesn't mean you dismiss he past and not give him credit for what he's accomplished. He's proven he's a good QB but clearly he's mentally not able to play at that level right now. Is it just Howard being out? Is it the OL being horrific? He played against better defenses than Wisconsin and Northwestern in his career and had more success.

Say you'd rather have Sean Clifford or countless others guys that were successful here but when people start saying nonsense they need to be corrected.
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
I mean, let's be real...we still have some people here that think Beau is better than Allar so this board isn't exactly knowledgeable when it comes to QB play.
 

Psumatt85

Senior
Jan 5, 2002
629
748
93
I mean, let's be real...we still have some people here that think Beau is better than Allar so this board isn't exactly knowledgeable when it comes to QB play.
Ok, I’ll give a little. He was great pre 2026, but his two games this year in the big 10have been worse than Matt Seneca. Sorry pst Kraft
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
Ok, I’ll give a little. He was great pre 2026, but his two games this year in the big 10have been worse than Matt Seneca. Sorry pst Kraft
Maybe it's just you haven't seen Seneca play in over 20 years but I'll take this as a win even if it's still kind of wrong lol
 

m.knox

All-American
Aug 20, 2003
5,199
5,172
113
How am I being a contrarian by not always attacking our QB? Becht played awful but if you think I'm the problem when people are comparing him to Seneca or Roberson then I couldn't care less about your opinion. You realize how stupid it is to compare him to Seneca, correct? You realize that playing in the Big XII is still not only FBS football but P4 football even if it's in the second tier of that. He didn't put up numbers at Delaware.
And my point stands--you don't start for 4 years without talent.

Yes, you are the problem.
 

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,755
21,189
113
Did you ever watch him play at Iowa State? Especially in 2024 when he had two future NFL receivers?
And, no, past performance doesn't dictate future success. That doesn't mean you dismiss he past and not give him credit for what he's accomplished. He's proven he's a good QB but clearly he's mentally not able to play at that level right now. Is it just Howard being out? Is it the OL being horrific? He played against better defenses than Wisconsin and Northwestern in his career and had more success.

Say you'd rather have Sean Clifford or countless others guys that were successful here but when people start saying nonsense they need to be corrected.

Becht is Senneca or Mills if either went to Iowa State. For all his numbers and experience he kinda sucks in B1G play. Why? Injured? One receiver? He’s missed a bunch of wide open guys and has had more balls batted down at the LOS than any QB I can remember. Campbells loyalty to him is sinking this team.
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
Becht is Senneca or Mills if either went to Iowa State. For all his numbers and experience he kinda sucks in B1G play. Why? Injured? One receiver? He’s missed a bunch of wide open guys and has had more balls batted down at the LOS than any QB I can remember. Campbells loyalty to him is sinking this team.
You believe Becht is the reason we lost the last two games? Just want to clarify
And, no, Seneca would not have been Becht at Iowa State--Mills sure if he stayed healthy
 

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,755
21,189
113
You believe Becht is the reason we lost the last two games? Just want to clarify
And, no, Seneca would not have been Becht at Iowa State--Mills sure if he stayed healthy

He’s a part of it, yes. Not all of it. Have the last word - gonna watch Slow Horses and SNL. Cheers!
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
Complete your sentence Loado. What am I telling "everyone?"
Do you not know what a thread is--your supposed to follow a conversation it's why it's quoted big guy. It's called conversational comprehension. Sorry I may have used words too big for you there. I try not to.
 

m.knox

All-American
Aug 20, 2003
5,199
5,172
113
Do you not know what a thread is--your supposed to follow a conversation it's why it's quoted big guy. It's called conversational comprehension. Sorry I may have used words too big for you there. I try not to.

So you admit you didn't complete your sentence.... Good.

What am I telling "everyone?" What? Should be a simple question.
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
So you admit you didn't complete your sentence.... Good.

What am I telling "everyone?" What? Should be a simple question.
In a conversation you don't repeat it
It if you follow a chat or understand context then I'm impressed by your level of stupidity. Read your post...read mine and if your still confused please seek medical help...you may have had a stroke
 

m.knox

All-American
Aug 20, 2003
5,199
5,172
113
In a conversation you don't repeat it
It if you follow a chat or understand context then I'm impressed by your level of stupidity. Read your post...read mine and if your still confused please seek medical help...you may have had a stroke

So you can't tell me what I'm telling "everybody." Got it.

While you're at it, what did I "flip out" about?

You say these things. Please substantiate them.
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
So you can't tell me what I'm telling "everybody." Got it.

While you're at it, what did I "flip out" about?

You say these things. Please substantiate them.
You're telling everyone how special I am. Read. Comprehend. Understand. I've never met anyone with a complete inability to follow a reply to a post before. But you're just being yourself kiddo
Your obsession with is appreciated but creepy.
You've almost reached Chumboshifko1 level of incompetence.
 

m.knox

All-American
Aug 20, 2003
5,199
5,172
113
You're telling everyone how special I am. Read. Comprehend. Understand. I've never met anyone with a complete inability to follow a reply to a post before. But you're just being yourself kiddo
Your obsession with is appreciated but creepy.
You've almost reached Chumboshifko1 level of incompetence.

Loado, you tell everyone how special you are. Jesus, are you this unaware?

HO-LEE-$HITE... lmfao...
 

JoePaMajorCFBrecord409Ws

All-Conference
Jun 26, 2025
1,089
1,113
113
So you can't tell me what I'm telling "everybody." Got it.

While you're at it, what did I "flip out" about?

You say these things. Please substantiate them.

You're trying to speak rationally to Loado? This twit has the cognitive power of a pebble. His idea of a winning argument is self-declaring himself correct...... the most knowledgeable person....... his opinions are actually facts..... etc, etc., etc.....
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,799
4,235
113
You're trying to speak rationally to Loado? This twit has the cognitive power of a pebble. His idea of a winning argument is self-declaring himself correct...... the most knowledgeable person....... his opinions are actually facts..... etc, etc., etc.....
Facts are facts...reality is reality...join me there (there would be reality to help knox)
 

m.knox

All-American
Aug 20, 2003
5,199
5,172
113
You're trying to speak rationally to Loado? This twit has the cognitive power of a pebble. His idea of a winning argument is self-declaring himself correct...... the most knowledgeable person....... his opinions are actually facts..... etc, etc., etc.....

Loado is a joke, but a joke he doesn't get. That's the sad part. lol...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nitt1300

PSUForever

All-Conference
Feb 17, 2007
1,974
1,990
113
A few things here:
Kraft is not getting fired. He has a buyout but beyond that, why? Because the football team looks lousy with the new coach We are 2 games into the B10 season and lost 2 of our top 5 players. Not making excuses for Kraft but his tenure hinges on the long game with Campbell. You don't fire him after 5 games into Campbell's tenure. Campbell has 3 years maybe 4 but needs to show improvement each year. If the Campbell tenure ends up a crap show then both are gone.

And no, we don't know if Campbell is in over his head. Not yet but he could be. We don't have nearly enough talent and he got a late start. He had very little options except to poach his ISU players.

This year can't be a total free pass though for Campbell. We need to see the team increase their physicality and show some life. At least get to 7-5. If he doesn't then he is not getting fired but we need to see drastic improvement starting in 2027.

Moving forward into 2027 he has to be able to recruit at least at the Franklin level and we have to juice the NIL budget. Kraft needs to figure that out. No options on either front unless we want to be a perennial bottom half B10 team.

Not sold on benching Becht for Manske to start vs USC. I would see if Becht can turn it around but if he is lousy vs USC then bench him during the game.
 

bluewhiteapos

Junior
Nov 5, 2011
129
241
43
Giger is nothing more than a blowhard. Poor guy got himself a journalism degree and has to eek out a hand to mouth living somehow. I’m born and raised about 20 miles north of State College and Altoona. I’ve been subjected to his blowhard articles in the Altoona Mirror, appearances on the local news and sports reports on local radio stations for the last 15 years or so. The high point of his career was being interviewed on ESPN the night Joe was fired. I bet I made more money as an E-4 in the Army 30 years ago as this clown makes yearly today.
 

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,670
14,965
113


Campbell is in a tough spot but unless he recruits at Franklin’s level (or better) this sh*t isn’t going to work. One thing to outkick your coverage at Iowa State quite another in the B1G. I don’t follow recruiting anymore - how are things looking on that front? Kraft should be fired honestly - absolute shitsh*w.

Why is giger the authority? What experience does he have to make these decisions.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Midnighter

WIP2001

Freshman
Apr 13, 2022
28
70
13
A few things here:
Kraft is not getting fired. He has a buyout but beyond that, why? Because the football team looks lousy with the new coach We are 2 games into the B10 season and lost 2 of our top 5 players. Not making excuses for Kraft but his tenure hinges on the long game with Campbell. You don't fire him after 5 games into Campbell's tenure. Campbell has 3 years maybe 4 but needs to show improvement each year.
What has Kraft done to retain his job? Is a single team better than it was before he arrived? Maybe Wrestling, but that can only be screwed up.

This is why you need checks and balances. The idea that a small time, complete outsider with zero ties and a massive ego can come in and roll the dice is infuriating. All or Nothing is fun when you don’t give a crap. But I enjoyed going to bowl games and playoff games. Beats the hell out of this minor league coach and dog crap team. We’re Nebraska 2.0 until Kraft is gone and we start over with a new coach.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: psu83
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
  2. 02 BWI Football In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him
  5. 05 BWI Football First Impressions from Penn State's embarrassing 34-13 loss at Northwestern