If it's the long game, what it is about Matt Campbell that anyone thinks is going to make PSU better, and consistently better, than it has been since 1986? I honestly can't think of anything.
times have changed significantly in college football. We all have to remember that not only was Kraft late in making a hire, so was Campbell in coming to Penn state. I think he did what a rational person would, bring as many players as possible;e - those he thought could play in the B1G - with him as a base for 2026. Remember he wasn't left a full closet.
Now he needs to figure out what works in the B1G.. Indiana has gone the portal route and so far that's working for them (clearly JMU had a better base of players than Iowa State). Is Campbell going to go the recruit and develope rout, the portal route or some combination. We have the best of both programs, ISU and PSU, on the offensive line and still can't run the ball. So, are Mouser's schemes too simplistic, too complicated, or are the "best of both" just not very good? I don't know, but like in the Wisconsin game, trying the same thing, failing and then trying again and again, and again, might not be the smartest route.
We knew we had problems on the dline and losing Glanville didn't help. But if the guys in there can't do the jon, try some new people.
I don't know what happened to our tackling....