Brandon Walker Tests Positive for COVID..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2005
29,273
24,369
113
Then half their radio hosts probably have it. They were all there hosting that watch party Saturday night.
 

GhostOfJackie

Senior
Apr 20, 2009
3,795
712
113
I like BFW and I wish the best for him health wise.

Off the subject of his health, but didn't he tweet not too long ago that he was doing a podcast with Jake Mangum? What happened to that? Am I imagining things?
 

Hump4Hoops

Redshirt
May 1, 2010
6,611
13
38
I'd guess most of the company has it by now.

Those dudes horse around like middleschoolers.
 

Choctaw Dawg

Junior
May 21, 2017
594
304
63
I like BFW and I wish the best for him health wise.

Off the subject of his health, but didn't he tweet not too long ago that he was doing a podcast with Jake Mangum? What happened to that? Am I imagining things?
I imagine it was a premature announcement and they both went back and considered how busy their schedules were and/or the sponsorships never came in like they though. Brandon Walker already has a bunch of podcasts and Jake Mangum is prolly already pretty busy as a minor leaguer, so time wise nothing prolly lined up.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
It’s Wrestlemania week. He’s got no reason to leave his basement before Sunday night.
 

olblue.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 14, 2012
4,615
0
0
I’m very sorry for your loss, but that doesn’t change my opinion.

Fair enough. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. But do you have to share it every time the topic comes up?

Covid has cast a wide net. Sometimes it is best to read the room.
 
Last edited:

ArcherSPS

Junior
Aug 22, 2012
3,637
244
63
If you had to attach your real name to this post would you say that to him? Because if so then you’re just an absolute, miserable *******.
 

dorndawg

Heisman
Sep 10, 2012
9,338
10,639
113
I’m very sorry for your loss, but that doesn’t change my opinion.

 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,110
9,441
113
He would not, and he will not. Imagine every time someone posts for prayers for someone close to them with cancer stepping in and pointing out that most people don't get cancer. Apparently there is a % of death that will elicit some people's empathy, and apparently some people have zero empathy. But #freeeedumzzz
 
Last edited:

TrueMaroonGrind

All-Conference
Jan 6, 2017
4,128
1,699
113
If you had to attach your real name to this post would you say that to him? Because if so then you’re just an absolute, miserable *******.

A lot of people wouldn’t say the things they do anonymously on the internet. Especially that a son who died during a pandemic is just a percentage. He is not just a percentage. He is a person who people cared about, especially by the man this opinion was directed towards.
 

JacksonDevilDog

Freshman
Jan 13, 2008
3,390
61
48
It doesn’t change my opinion based off of the CDC mortality rate percentage. If we are told to trust the science and the numbers, we can’t talk out of both sides of our mouth. If this offends any of you, my apologies. I don’t have to have an emotional response. I can look at percentages and numbers.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,172
5,717
113
It doesn’t change my opinion based off of the CDC mortality rate percentage. If we are told to trust the science and the numbers, we can’t talk out of both sides of our mouth. If this offends any of you, my apologies. I don’t have to have an emotional response. I can look at percentages and numbers.

The commenter wasn't arguing that we should lock down or wear masks after recovery or vaccination. When people are using personal experience to argue for bad policy, then sure, you can point out that their experience is not representative (although probably still just let it go if they're not actually in a position to move policy).

If someone is just expressing grief, you probably don't need to remind them that they came up on the wrong end of a 1 in a 100 chance, or in this case, probably more like a 1 in a 10,000 chance. I suspect they can look around and know that they have suffered something well outside of the norm.
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,403
8,833
113
I don't listen to Barstool often, but it seems his role has been reduced? Is his more in the spotlight during college football season?
 
Aug 21, 2015
482
0
16
It doesn’t change my opinion based off of the CDC mortality rate percentage. If we are told to trust the science and the numbers, we can’t talk out of both sides of our mouth. If this offends any of you, my apologies. I don’t have to have an emotional response. I can look at percentages and numbers.

Just can’t help yourself, can you?
 

o_dawgnabit

All-American
Oct 13, 2016
4,926
7,813
113
I don't listen to Barstool often, but it seems his role has been reduced? Is his more in the spotlight during college football season?

No he is still big and does a ton with Barstool. He hosts a gambing show everyday and is also on Big Cat's show everyday. And he's been doing a lot of the gambling content during March Madness. I don't follow professional wrestling but it seems he has really taken off in that sphere. He has been on several wrestling shows already.
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,636
19,357
113
He would not, and he will not. Imagine every time someone posts for prayers for someone close to them with cancer stepping in and pointing out that most people don't get cancer. Apparently there is a % of death that will elicit some people's empathy, and apparently some people have zero empathy. But #freeeedumzzz

one out of every two men will get cancer. One out of every three women will get cancer.
 

SheltonChoked

Redshirt
Feb 27, 2008
1,786
0
0
No he is still big and does a ton with Barstool. He hosts a gambing show everyday and is also on Big Cat's show everyday. And he's been doing a lot of the gambling content during March Madness. I don't follow professional wrestling but it seems he has really taken off in that sphere. He has been on several wrestling shows already.

The wrestling thing is great for Brandon. Erica N (the CEO) is on the WWE board. And Dave doesn't care about Wrestling, so he'll never listen. Pro Wrestling is popular enough to get him a few million listeners, especially if he keeps getting on the tv broadcasts.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
What’s the difference in someone else sharing an opinion every time it comes up?

Covid has hurt some people. That sucks. But 99% of people are gonna be ok.
 
Last edited:

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
The person expressing grief responded to his post. That’s his choice. Doesn’t really help with grieving but it’s his choice.

It’s still true that 99% of people are going to be ok.
 

MSUDawg25

Redshirt
Jan 21, 2010
2,088
1
38
The person expressing grief responded to his post. That’s his choice. Doesn’t really help with grieving but it’s his choice.

It’s still true that 99% of people are going to be ok.

That is true. But I always wonder how much differently people would have reacted to this disease if it was far less prevalent but way more deadly. Like if there was 98% less cases, but 50% of those cases resulted in deaths. The ultimate death toll would be the same, but people would be cowering in their homes.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,637
12,109
113
That is true. But I always wonder how much differently people would have reacted to this disease if it was far less prevalent but way more deadly. Like if there was 98% less cases, but 50% of those cases resulted in deaths. The ultimate death toll would be the same, but people would be cowering in their homes.
I mean if 30 people die of shark attacks this summer you can bet your ***, we’d be having a Shark Hunt bonanza.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
Let me just say that death is a daily occurrence. I had a friend drown in the river yesterday another buddy had a stroke, my wife died of a brain aneurysm but everytime someone mention aneurysm I don't come on whining about how its not funny and its a crime to make light of the sorrow it creates. Thousands of people died yesterday from non covid issues. Death is the only thing you are guaranteed to experience in your life. Its promised to you so lighten the 17 up
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more