Yall want the wrong coach to return

OrangeThrower

Freshman
Jan 20, 2021
191
75
28
I use to want Dan till tonight. So true, Huff is better. Just make sure you get a legit OC, but at this point I would take Huff over Dan. Or when Lincoln Riley is fired go get his ace, kiffin esk, recruiter, chip on the shoulder, but for the dogs.
 

MaroonState

Sophomore
Aug 23, 2012
182
123
43
Bro I want what you’re smoking. Lincoln Riley under no circumstances. OC yes. HC hellllll no.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,707
12,440
113
Bro I want what you’re smoking. Lincoln Riley under no circumstances. OC yes. HC hellllll no.
I've never put much thought into him as a coach here, but, he's 91-28 as a HC. He won 4 Big 12 Championships in a row at OK. Explain why "under no circumstances" you wouldn't want him as your coach? At USC even, where all coaches now seem to go to die, he's 36-18
 
Last edited:

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,291
14,835
113
I’ve got no interest in a guy who would be in his 4th HC job in 4 years if we hired him.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,652
12,156
113
I've never put much thought into him as a coach here, but, he's 91-28 as a HC. He won 4 Big 12 Championships in a row at OK. Explain why "under no circumstances" you wouldn't want him as your coach? At USC even, where all coaches now seem to go to die, he's 36-18
Have you seen his brisket? I just can’t respect a man that would do that to a slab of meat and worse, post pictures of it like he’s proud.
 

olblue

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2011
4,070
2,208
113
If this year is a flop it needs to be Huff. Yeah he won't stay if he builds but who cares.
phrase GIF
 

olblue

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2011
4,070
2,208
113
I use to want Dan till tonight. So true, Huff is better. Just make sure you get a legit OC, but at this point I would take Huff over Dan. Or when Lincoln Riley is fired go get his ace, kiffin esk, recruiter, chip on the shoulder, but for the dogs.
So if you were AD, you would make a selection based on whose team won a game on Aug 29? SMH.
 

OrangeThrower

Freshman
Jan 20, 2021
191
75
28
So if you were AD, you would make a selection based on whose team won a game on Aug 29? SMH.
Reality check I’m not an AD, I’m a fan you tool. And ya, watching this game tonight made me remember all the close losses we had, due to coaching decisions, play calling, and how he lays big ole farts in openers and big games. SMH. SMH.
 

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,157
13,011
113
Danny Boy is about at the age that he will either retire or try and make a run in his last few years. His next step is likely his last. And he knows us well, so he’d be a perfect candidate. He knows he needs to build this with MS HS croots and he also knows the G6, where or portal guys should come from. And our fans would come out of the woodwork.

I just can’t see him internalizing that and coming here. He wants a blue blood and I don’t think he’s changing his mind.

Huff is too young and is a short term fix. Have to see how he finishes before I’d entertain that. He might could bottle something for a year.
 

PrimeDog

Senior
Jan 2, 2025
734
785
93
Wasn’t a fan of the hissy fit Huff pitched to get his team a penalty when they were near the goal line. Lucky for him his QB bailed him out on the next play
 

olblue

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2011
4,070
2,208
113
Reality check I’m not an AD, I’m a fan you tool. And ya, watching this game tonight made me remember all the close losses we had, due to coaching decisions, play calling, and how he lays big ole farts in openers and big games. SMH. SMH.

He is probably only playing 18 holes with Cannon today since he lost.
Last I heard, Canon was a pretty good hoops prospect - Class of 2028.
 

Called3rdstrikedawg

All-Conference
May 7, 2016
2,427
2,049
113
If we make a change THIS year, neither of them would be a candidate. We are going balls to the walls with a $10 million annual offer. Neither of those guys are close to worth that!😎😳
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,291
14,835
113
A winner who could maybe bring a boatload of transfers would be preferable to another “learn on the job” dart throw.

I don’t think Huff is particularly likeable but he has had success, and quickly.

Not arguing that he’s not been good at short quick turnarounds, but he never stays anywhere. So, no. Not interested in that when we decide we need a new coach.
 
Last edited:

Lucifer Morningstar

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2022
2,470
3,684
113
The ole Devil has said it many times, and in many different posts. When the Lebby experiment fails finally we need to bring Huff in. The man can coach.
 

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,157
13,011
113
It’s hilarious that some of the “want Dan back” crowd are against Huff because he wouldn’t stay long. How long do any of you think Mullen would stay if he came back?
Mullen is older, which lends itself to him staying longer, in a general sense.

However, in this case, I agree with you. Mullen would still be looking to get out of town, he has no intention of making Starkville his permanent home.

I don't want either of them.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,494
31,717
113
It’s hilarious that some of the “want Dan back” crowd are against Huff because he wouldn’t stay long. How long do any of you think Mullen would stay if he came back?
“He wouldn’t stay long” is the dumbest reason ever not to want a coach. We should absolutely want a coach who would win enough to get a job offer from a Florida or LSU. In the words of Al Davis, just win baby. That is all that matters.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,291
14,835
113
It’s hilarious that some of the “want Dan back” crowd are against Huff because he wouldn’t stay long. How long do any of you think Mullen would stay if he came back?

I don’t want either one of them.

I mainly want to be proven incorrect about Lebby. But if that doesn’t happen I want our AD to do his job well this time and go get us a solid HC who’s capable of building a program and sticking with us at least 5 years.
 

$altyDawg

Senior
Aug 30, 2018
1,321
590
113
Mullen gets outcoached on his home field by a mediocre Memphis coach, then Huff turns around and trolls him on top of it all. UNLV just had their South Alabama moment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BoDawg.sixpack
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama