Yeah but there’s a caveat. Cardona built his brand in WWE and largely got that indie following by shock value, being the anti-Ryder. Very few people will make WWE money outside of WWE. That’s why alternatives like AEW, MLW, NWA, GCW, TNA etc are good for the industry. You don’t even have to like those brands — simply not actively rooting for their demise is a positive IMO. I don’t like GCW, but I’m not out here running the anti-GCW flag either. I want as much wrestling as possible out there for people to enjoy and for more wrestlers to get paid.Since we are on this tribalism surprised no one mention Cardona said he made more on indies than his current wwe salary.
He prob also made money off merch in indies too?Yeah but there’s a caveat. Cardona built his brand in WWE and largely got that indie following by shock value, being the anti-Ryder. Very few people will make WWE money outside of WWE. That’s why alternatives like AEW, MLW, NWA, GCW, TNA etc are good for the industry. You don’t even have to like those brands — simply not actively rooting for their demise is a positive IMO. I don’t like GCW, but I’m not out here running the anti-GCW flag either. I want as much wrestling as possible out there for people to enjoy and for more wrestlers to get paid.
Oh for sure. Wouldn’t you agree he was getting a lot of buzz for the idea that “Zack Ryder is cussing and having deathmatches now!!?? WTF?” That was where his buzz was coming from. It wasn’t like he was some indie darling who got himself over organically. And btw that’s a credit to WWE. They build massive and enduring brands.He prob also made money off merch in indies too?
I don’t remember any injuries in njpw but ever since he’s been in AEW it’s been consistently injuries after 3 matches back at mostThat dude is cursed.
Since we are on this tribalism surprised no one mention Cardona said he made more on indies than his current wwe salary.
Onlyfans is temporary - Cora Jade already came back and Mandy rose says she wants to return to wrestling - hard to turn down a reliable check especially since Mandy has a kid nowJordynne Grace did too. She was rolling in money from OnlyFans. It’s only going to get easier to make more money outside of WWE than as part of WWE with them slashing salaries.
I imagine it’s going to eventually get to the point where NBA teams were in the big two and big three era - only the top dogs make big bucks and everyone else is making a tiny fraction of those top dogs. And they will be considered expendable if they ask for more money because there’s always going to be some Fed mark willing to work for that minimum contract instead.
What do we think about this?
Heck ya that’s sweetSince it's Prime Day, AEW has a ton of t-shirts as Prime Day deals. Prices much cheaper than from AEWshop. Then once you add in the free shipping, saving easily over $15-$20 for nearly every shirt
![]()
They gonna have mitb in a hurricane?
Didn't have this on my bingo card but good for him.
I almost pulled the trigger on a couple but I just begrudgingly dropped over $40 for a PAC tribute shirt and I get 8 tshirts a year as part of the All Elite Crate subscription box so I don’t really have all that much desire to pay for AEW T-shirts otherwise. These deals are just ridiculously good value compared to what you’d have to pay on the AEW store for the same shirt. But I also think there are some Amazon exclusive shirts, or at least there used to be.Heck ya that’s sweet
Having a PPV/PLE in the deep south during hurricane season is always a dumb decision. South in general is a bit risky, but the northern parts of the south aren’t quite as bad. But hurricanes are unpredictable. Even up here in VA even once a hurricane weakens to a tropical storm it isn’t exactly unexpected to see it produce weather that you really shouldn’t be leaving the house in.They gonna have mitb in a hurricane?
It’s so funny how over the Samoa Joe nope spot has gotten over the years
KSR Football
KSR Staff Predictions: Kentucky vs. No. 10 LSU
KSR Volleyball
No. 4 Kentucky VB hosts LSU, Ole Miss in bounce back weekend
KSR Football Recruiting
Recruiting Rundown: Best Kentucky Football Guest List Ever?
KSR
Mitchell Moorer named Kentucky's new Executive Associate AD for Player Management under J Batt