Yeah but there’s a caveat. Cardona built his brand in WWE and largely got that indie following by shock value, being the anti-Ryder. Very few people will make WWE money outside of WWE. That’s why alternatives like AEW, MLW, NWA, GCW, TNA etc are good for the industry. You don’t even have to like those brands — simply not actively rooting for their demise is a positive IMO. I don’t like GCW, but I’m not out here running the anti-GCW flag either. I want as much wrestling as possible out there for people to enjoy and for more wrestlers to get paid.Since we are on this tribalism surprised no one mention Cardona said he made more on indies than his current wwe salary.
He prob also made money off merch in indies too?Yeah but there’s a caveat. Cardona built his brand in WWE and largely got that indie following by shock value, being the anti-Ryder. Very few people will make WWE money outside of WWE. That’s why alternatives like AEW, MLW, NWA, GCW, TNA etc are good for the industry. You don’t even have to like those brands — simply not actively rooting for their demise is a positive IMO. I don’t like GCW, but I’m not out here running the anti-GCW flag either. I want as much wrestling as possible out there for people to enjoy and for more wrestlers to get paid.
Oh for sure. Wouldn’t you agree he was getting a lot of buzz for the idea that “Zack Ryder is cussing and having deathmatches now!!?? WTF?” That was where his buzz was coming from. It wasn’t like he was some indie darling who got himself over organically. And btw that’s a credit to WWE. They build massive and enduring brands.He prob also made money off merch in indies too?
I don’t remember any injuries in njpw but ever since he’s been in AEW it’s been consistently injuries after 3 matches back at mostThat dude is cursed.
Since we are on this tribalism surprised no one mention Cardona said he made more on indies than his current wwe salary.
KSR Football
Kentucky football is now ranked in the Coaches Poll Top 25
KSR Football
'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win
KSR Football
Did Kentucky end the Shane Beamer era in Columbia? 'It is not good enough. I get it.'
KSR Football
Ty Bryant to the rest of the college football world: 'If they want to stay sleep, they can do that.'
KSR Football
Kentucky vs. LSU is a hotter ticket than Alabama vs. Georgia