Who fires Riley?

Harry Caray

All-American
Feb 28, 2002
71,091
7,367
113
I think Riley is trying to get fired at this point. I think he just wants to take that buyout money and enjoy retirement in Corvallis.
 
  • Like
Reactions: huskerfan1414

redfanusa

All-Conference
Feb 6, 2009
4,892
1,607
0
I don't think they will do it during the season. I could be wrong, of course. What's the point of naming an assistant coach the interim head coach when they know they're going to get fired along with everybody else at the end of the season? The team would implode. How is that better than allowing Riley to finish it out?
 
Aug 1, 2002
2,940
380
0
This just in. Pitch forks now on sale at Wheeler's. But hurry, supplies limited. .........alright, just kidding, but this is enough folks. Enough is enough.
 

TheNewNU_rivals50820

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2014
4,513
2,760
0
To be honest. Not even a full time ad can fire him. Since he makes more $$$ the president and regents have to approve the termination.
 

NikkiSixx_rivals269993

All-Conference
Sep 14, 2013
9,783
2,445
0
I thought they would let him retire, but maybe you have to fire him now.

Who do you put in charge in the interim?

Trent Bray?

you can't put Bob D or Cav or Langs in there
 

TheNewNU_rivals50820

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2014
4,513
2,760
0
I thought they would let him retire, but maybe you have to fire him now.

Who do you put in charge in the interim?

Trent Bray?

you can't put Bob D or Cav or Langs in there
They'll put Diaco in there cause he's been in a head coach before. He only has to coach for what? 6 weeks?
 

NikkiSixx_rivals269993

All-Conference
Sep 14, 2013
9,783
2,445
0
They'll put Diaco in there cause he's been in a head coach before. He only has to coach for what? 6 weeks?
Ugggh.. that might be even worse.

If you had the contract he does would you retire?
Probably, but then I'm not really motivated by the money thing either.. retiring would be the honorable thing to do. Fall on your sword, apologize, and walk away.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pixtaker

Redscarlet

Heisman
Jun 17, 2001
34,547
12,593
113
I don't see the point of firing him till near the end of the season...

He still is being paid to do a job regardless.
 
Inside Nebraska

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Nebraska's recruiting weekend: a 4-0 record, several Rivals300 prospects coming for Maryland game
  2. 02 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska OC Dana Holgorsen & DC Rob Aurich reflect on win over Michigan State, preview Maryland
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Who’s locked in — and who isn't? Easton Royal flip buzz; LSU, TCU, Ohio State, Arizona State, SMU, Houston making runs at committed prospects
  4. 04 Inside Nebraska Football Rhule: Colandrea sliding, sharp words for Nwaneri & Jones, plus an early eval on Huskers’ transfer class
  5. 05 Inside Nebraska Football Here’s what Nebraska coach Matt Rhule said about Dylan Raiola performance in Oregon’s win over USC