Didn't realize the game was at Mitchell, that's even more impressive. I knew Hendo speed would be too much for them.
I wouldn't necessarily say speed is what beat us. Hendo capitalized when it mattered most. Not taking anything at all from them but we had more offensive yards by a little over 100 yards. Hendo made big stops when it they needed it 4 drives inside the 15 and no points for Mitchell we definitely need to clean that up. Had Mitchell had their QB the game may have been different but who knows. I was impressed at how we looked without him especially against a very good and well coached Hendo team.Didn't realize the game was at Mitchell, that's even more impressive. I knew Hendo speed would be too much for them.
Is it true their starting RB did not play? Seems like tou were there and I saw on this thread or another that he didn't. Just wondering.I wouldn't necessarily say speed is what beat us. Hendo capitalized when it mattered most. Not taking anything at all from them but we had more offensive yards by a little over 100 yards. Hendo made big stops when it they needed it 4 drives inside the 15 and no points for Mitchell we definitely need to clean that up. Had Mitchell had their QB the game may have been different but who knows. I was impressed at how we looked without him especially against a very good and well coached Hendo team.
Wasn’t 2013 when they closed down that reform school. Ford saw the writing on the wall and pulled a Nick Sabin and got out of town. Easy to win when they had 2 schools to pick from.Why stop there? From the mid 80’s till 2013 Owen was top dog for most of it. The Kenny Ford era
To be perfectly honest Im not sure if they had their starting RB or not. The kid they had running the ball was quick and made some good moves but we contained him pretty well. Don't quote me on this but seems like I heard on the radio we held Hendo to 60 something rushing yards. How ever I believe they had somewhere around 200 through the airIs it true their starting RB did not play? Seems like tou were there and I saw on this thread or another that he didn't. Just wondering.
That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. I went to school in the late 90’s and I can pull you out my yearbook and show you all twenty some players we had in it. I walked the halls and had classes with everyone of our players. You start that crap every few years and it’s just simply not true. It is moronic however. And that “school” you refer every time(the juvenile evaluation center) was turned to a ladies prison decades ago. Not 2013. I hate to call someone stupid but the writing has been on the wall for a long time for youNo tales. I heard it from the horses mouth. One that was at that reform school in the late 90s and played football for Kenny Ford at Charles D Owen. It is well known. Just like Alabama paying players years before NIL and Sabin getting out when the playing field was leveled. Ford also hung it up when his advantage disappeared.
Per Maxpreps stats-Hendersonville-Mitchell
Hendersonville had 122 yds rushing 212 passing. 334 total
Mitchell had 305 yds rushing 56 passing
361 total
Hendersonville's running back/linebacker Jordan Buford did not play due to an
I use believe that , its not true . Owen has never got players from reform school, that's old excuse western highlands coaches use after owen gave then beatdowm.Wasn’t 2013 when they closed down that reform school. Ford saw the writing on the wall and pulled a Nick Sabin and got out of town. Easy to win when they had 2 schools to pick from.
Some people need new material. He comes with that every couple years. Get passed it already. Some peoples children lolI use believe that , its not true . Owen has never got players from reform school, that's old excuse western highlands coaches use after owen gave then beatdowm.
Okay Owen didn’t have 2 schools to pick from. Owen didn’t cover up for numerous DUIs and Ford didn’t have a drinking problem. Enjoy the land of make believe!That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. I went to school in the late 90’s and I can pull you out my yearbook and show you all twenty some players we had in it. I walked the halls and had classes with everyone of our players. You start that crap every few years and it’s just simply not true. It is moronic however. And that “school” you refer every time(the juvenile evaluation center) was turned to a ladies prison decades ago. Not 2013. I hate to call someone stupid but the writing has been on the wall for a long time for you
You are a clown!!!!Okay Owen didn’t have 2 schools to pick from. Owen didn’t cover up for numerous DUIs and Ford didn’t have a drinking problem. Enjoy the land of make believe!
Avery used to be competitive most years, but the program is in a bad place right now. The AD they just hired is a good guy and knows football. Give him a couple of years and I believe he will bring Avery back. Avery has some good athletes now. They can move the ball and put up points, but their defense struggles… Now I think Madison has had 1 good team in the last 20 years. How can you bash Avery when your program is worse?Someone told me they used to have to replace James Lewis jersey regularly because it would get destroyed as he was dragging people down the field lol. Seems like Avery used to have a a pretty good team about once a decade but even those days are long gone now. Crazy that all the teams directly beside Avery are all good but somehow Avery is awful. Watauga, Mitchell, Heritage. Hell even Cloudland has been really good recently.
You can’t clown someone who lived in the situation. You can try to spin something to someone who has no clue but not me. Just like I can’t speak to what goes on in and around Avery high school better than someone from the inside. You really need to get new material that don’t include trying to trash individuals on a message board. Individuals that have families etc. Kids can read your crap and wife’s can read your crap and it just isn’t right!Okay Owen didn’t have 2 schools to pick from. Owen didn’t cover up for numerous DUIs and Ford didn’t have a drinking problem. Enjoy the land of make believe!
Madison is young. Avery is senior laden. Take that for what it’s worthWe are terrible but Avery sucks too lol.