What did we learn week 7!?!?!

Jul 3, 2025
586
556
93
I mean, I'm going to have to toss in the garlic bread and the Uncle Tony from LaGondola in Quincy... Idk what a gondola is... but the gondola with a "la" in front of it has some fire *ss bread too! We always joke, tongue in cheek, that it was the staff chain smoking Marlboro's in the back of the house that made the bread so good. :ROFLMAO: Close 2nd, and RIP to this place just closed for good this summer, the Original Sub from Cassano's in Qtown was straight gasoline.
 

Circletrack3227

Sophomore
Nov 11, 2003
186
125
20
I’m In Peoria weekly and have had Avantis a few times while there but I prefer Corleones any day. Avantis is seems a lot more sweat than Corleones bread and they use the Miracle whip type mayo and Corleones uses real mayo and that’s what I prefer.
And the Morris still sells the gondolas at the football games. At least they did 2 weeks ago.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4Anorth(not4aFan)

Cross Bones

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2001
53,464
4,557
113
I came here to read about some football. And now I'm hungry
While youre here I have a question. I saw a game where a team was punting and the snap got past the punter for what was going to be a huge loss and give the ball to the other team likely between the 15 & 10. The punter ran and just kicked the ball out the back of the end zone for a safety. Refs called something like "illegal kicking".

Seemed like a legit play to me, what is the penalty for?
 

LHSTigers94

All-Conference
Oct 25, 2004
3,211
2,513
93
While youre here I have a question. I saw a game where a team was punting and the snap got past the punter for what was going to be a huge loss and give the ball to the other team likely between the 15 & 10. The punter ran and just kicked the ball out the back of the end zone for a safety. Refs called something like "illegal kicking".

Seemed like a legit play to me, what is the penalty for?
I don't know the proper term but you can intentionally kick the ball out of the end zone in High School. The opposing team can take the safety or get the ball on the two yard line.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cross Bones
Jul 3, 2025
586
556
93
I don't know the proper term but you can intentionally kick the ball out of the end zone in High School. The opposing team can take the safety or get the ball on the two yard line.
Nice Knowledge!

GIF by Ben L
 

Cross Bones

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2001
53,464
4,557
113
I don't know the proper term but you can intentionally kick the ball out of the end zone in High School. The opposing team can take the safety or get the ball on the two yard line.
The opponent took the safety in that case. Must've assumed theyd get the touchdown, which i cant remember if they did on that possession but it was a blowout.
 

CCHS-Fan

Senior
Oct 4, 2001
2,071
628
66
Same scenario happened with CCHS vs Providence.

CCHS punter kicked it out of the end zone. We received and it was our 1st series.

Our free kick went nowhere and in a blink of an eye it was 9-0 (safety & PC TD).

I was pleasantly surprised it was only 16-7 at the end of Q3 given our start. CCHS got inside the PC 10yd line twice and came away with no points.

And then, unfortunately, Q4 got all sideways for us. PC had worn us down.
 
Last edited:
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football Thursday: WJOL Pigskin Preview
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football RB Banire checked out Illinois
  3. 03 Edgy Tim Football OL Thompson has visits planned
  4. 04 CaneSport football recruiting Dear Diary VI: A behind the scenes look at trip to see Miami QB commit Israel Abrams, five-star target
  5. 05 Orange and Blue News Four-star athlete Grant Bowen checks out Illinois where he has deep ties