Thank you my friend. I’m good.By the way, I’ve been wanting to ask you. Have you had to renew your drivers’ license in the past year or so?
You know that is a big thing for old heads like me, because you are required to take an eye exam.
Fortunately, when I went in I didn’t have any trouble. The examiner gave me a paper with my photo saying I passed, and told me my actual license would come in the mail.
A week or so later, they came, and you should see them. Can remember looking at them and thinking, “Where were these license issued.”They looked like a license that might have been issued in Myanmar or maybe Mongolia. It has several odd designs along with my initials and name backwards. If you move it against the light you can you can see my head appear underneath a little horse. It also has stars, the Wright Flyer, and my favorite is a lizard. If you drop it, it sounds like a piece of tin.
Have a friend that works in Raleigh whom I called and asked why was there a lizard on my license. He seemed surprised that I didn’t know. He said “It’s the state salamander.” I thought, “Well yeah, where’s my head, it’s the state salamander.” “Hey! Look out the window and see who’s knocking on the door”…”Uhhh, it’s the state salamander.”…”Well, tell him to come on in. Get a saucer and pour him out some wine, and get him a few soda crackers and a slither of sharp cheese.”
Anyway, if you are due for a license renewal don’t be surprised at what they send you… They’re an authentic OL.