Expected see more discussion of a walk-off home run. I guess message boards are better for complaining about starting pitching and lack of hitting.
So here is what I like:
-Pitching depth. We all like this. This may be the deepest pitching staff I’ve ever seen at State. Lemonis and Foxhall have a really good problem of trying to find innings for dudes. 1 run in 45 innings is remarkable, regardless of competition.
-MacLeod and Cerantola looked good this weekend. That is promising. Gets more difficult next weekend.
-Defense is improving. I think bringing in Forsythe and moving James over has worked well so far. The defense also deserves credit for backing up the pitching staff over the last 45 innings.
-Hitting hasn’t been there at times, but I can’t imagine there are many teams as clutch as our guys. We’ve entered our final at bat trailing six times. We put men on base and scored every time. We won three of those games. We may not get as many hits as we’d like, but it is really difficult to get 27 outs on us. That’s what matters.
So here is what I like:
-Pitching depth. We all like this. This may be the deepest pitching staff I’ve ever seen at State. Lemonis and Foxhall have a really good problem of trying to find innings for dudes. 1 run in 45 innings is remarkable, regardless of competition.
-MacLeod and Cerantola looked good this weekend. That is promising. Gets more difficult next weekend.
-Defense is improving. I think bringing in Forsythe and moving James over has worked well so far. The defense also deserves credit for backing up the pitching staff over the last 45 innings.
-Hitting hasn’t been there at times, but I can’t imagine there are many teams as clutch as our guys. We’ve entered our final at bat trailing six times. We put men on base and scored every time. We won three of those games. We may not get as many hits as we’d like, but it is really difficult to get 27 outs on us. That’s what matters.