WBB getting blown out at home

FlotownDawg

All-American
Aug 30, 2012
7,221
8,090
113
Down 40-24 at halftime to an 8-10 Missouri team. This season can’t end soon enough.
 

NWADog

Junior
Aug 16, 2014
757
228
43
Jackson and Mingo-Young haven’t played the first 3 quarters. That probably has a lot to do with it. I’m assuming it’s a disciplinary deal which sucks for this game but atleast coach isn’t trying to be their best friend like it’s seemed all year instead of a respected coach.
 

QuaoarsKing

All-Conference
Mar 11, 2008
6,292
3,050
113
This would be our worst loss of the year. Missouri is a top 40 NET team rather than a top 30 NET team.

We'll probably drop to an 8/9 seed instead of a 7 seed, meaning we have no chance of the Sweet 16 rather than a very faint one. In case anyone was thinking we might get there...
 

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
Jackson and Mingo-Young haven’t played the first 3 quarters. That probably has a lot to do with it. I’m assuming it’s a disciplinary deal which sucks for this game but atleast coach isn’t trying to be their best friend like it’s seemed all year instead of a respected coach.

Maybe they are at the Doctor transitioning so they can play on the men’s team.****
 

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,129
2,538
113
This is what I’m used to WBB looking like. Unwatchable

What a joke this team is.
 

bully12

Senior
Sep 2, 2012
1,712
781
113
We get it. You don’t like women’s basketball.

On the other hand, I've watched the entire first half of 18 - 2 Maryland (with Bibby playing well) against Northwestern. Both very good teams. Ginger girl still as hot as ever!! So yes, women's basketball is watchable - just not here since Vic left.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,015
10,171
113
64-40 after 3 qtrs Down 20 to an 8-10 team (4-9) and being laughed at by that team.

I made myself watch this quarter and we are back to the level before Sharon Fanning came.
 

garddog

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2008
793
100
43
This team has very little discipline. Jessica Carter looked like a 5 year old pushing that girl down from behind.

Not sure NMP can fix this.
 
Sep 26, 2012
1,345
910
113
What, did you boycott the VS years? If this is what you are used to seeing in WBB, you haven’t watched in a while. Cause this is as bad as it’s been in a while......
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,015
10,171
113
This team has very little discipline. Jessica Carter looked like a 5 year old pushing that girl down from behind.

Not sure NMP can fix this.

That was pure frustration and understandable considering the culture of play before this season. Before someone blows a gasket I don't mean social culture but work and gameplay culture.

Our team plays lazy and undisciplined with zero communication. They have no team play at all.

I'm not sure what is too blame either with our star player sitting over a half and playing like crap when she does hit the court. She has lost all of her confidence and it is so easy to see her overthinking every time she touches the ball.

That's more than just being sat down because of attitude.
 

o_dawgnabit

All-American
Oct 13, 2016
4,940
7,862
113
It’s like Vic Shaefer was never here. We are almost back to where we were before he got here and it hasn’t even been a full season yet
 
Last edited:

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,129
2,538
113
No, I watched the VS era. It was great - and not what women’s basketball looks like most of the time. Those teams were damn fun to watch. But before that, I honestly could count on my hands how many WBB games I had watched from tip to final buzzer.

And that’s what we’ve become. Another average WBB team that’s boring / no fun to watch.
 

whosyourdawgy

Redshirt
Jan 23, 2011
1,585
5
38
And they get in the game after we cut the lead to 12 and Missou goes on a 14-0 run. So NMP punishment really worked. She doesn’t have this team. I’m thinking we will have a mass exodus in the transfer portal after this season is over.
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
No, I watched the VS era. It was great - and not what women’s basketball looks like most of the time. Those teams were damn fun to watch. But before that, I honestly could count on my hands how many WBB games I had watched from tip to final buzzer.

And that’s what we’ve become. Another average WBB team that’s boring / no fun to watch.
Hell I wish we were average!
We’ve got a long way to go to be average.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
I guess I can assume Twitter comments are disabled again?**
 
Last edited:

Reunion Dog

Redshirt
Aug 26, 2012
193
1
0
Rick Ray junior is the worst interview I have tried to watch in years...

Lots of um.. um... Um... Um...

Nice hire John & Nell...

The 17 pathetic athletic leadership team strikes again ...

Time to put for sale signs in about 3 yards...

Keenum, Nell's & Rick Ray jr...
 

Msubulldogfan1

Freshman
Sep 12, 2013
8,835
80
48
Nobody here have a **** about women’s basketball before vic, and we won’t care now after him. It’s ok to admit that.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?