UK still eligible for NIT?

Seth_C

All-American
Mar 12, 2017
4,732
8,549
96
Would be good if they did. More games can’t do anything but help for next year.

I’m sorry, but I have to ask — are some of you completely mentally deficient? What makes you think we would win even a single game in the NIT? Absolutely nothing suggests we would. We just lost to a team that has zero chance of making that tournament. Even going 1-1 in the NIT would be a miracle for this bunch.

On any other forum I would assume stuff like this was pure sarcasm, but on this one I just don’t know.
 

LoavulLou

Junior
Feb 1, 2021
144
201
0
I've gone back and forth on the issue. How about this:

Give me the players who would want to go and I'll rent the van. It won't cost the University a dime. I'll get some folks to chip in so we can get a few rooms at Motel 6.
 

irishcat1965

Heisman
Apr 22, 2012
21,244
45,807
113
I heard they aren’t requiring a .500 record for teams to play in the NIT this year. Wonder what parameters they will use to determine what teams get in? Maybe they need a team with high name recognition like UK? If invited would we swallow our pride and accept?
I hope not and even if they were, decline the bid.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football 'It’s Thin': Will Stein hints at bad news on Kentucky's injury front
  2. 02 KSR Basketball KSR's three questions entering Kentucky Basketball Pro Day
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky Looking to Crack Third Down Conundrum
  4. 04 KSR Football Get ready for LSU with Will Stein's weekly press conference
  5. 05 KSR Football Will Stein loves the Power K, but knows it won't beat LSU