Tropical Depression 9

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,477
6,435
113
If you need to get an idea, put in your address here. We are 1/3 mile from the sound but are 35 feet above sea level so we will never see a storm surge.
I mentioned this to Skipper, but I will to you, too. We'd love any pics or video you can safely get during the storm. They can be emailed to me at [email protected].
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,680
12,195
113
I mentioned this to Skipper, but I will to you, too. We'd love any pics or video you can safely get during the storm. They can be emailed to me at [email protected].
Will do. Neighbor and I were thinking about taking the golf cart to the sound before landfall. Depends on how much bourbon we have. I’m have to work tomorrow or I’d go to the gulf for some wave pics but by the time I get off the winds will probably have the bridges shut down.
 

skipperDawg

Senior
Dec 23, 2023
717
632
88
I’m being nosy Skipper. Where is your place. It’s hard to be two miles from the gulf and still be in OB unless you’re north of the ICW.
We’re in cypress village next to wharf.
2 miles as crow flies.
Maybe 3 when we drive down canal and then turn south..
Come have a cool one sometime when you’re in town
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,440
8,869
113
I'm in Greenwood as well but our property is a few miles north of Carrollton. We planted last Friday and got rained out in the middle of trying to get the fertalizer out. We got about 9/10th of an inch in the matter of about 30-45 minutes. A neighbor just a couple miles from us didn't get a drop. Fingers crossed we get some more this weekend.
I have property in Teoc, did get a drop of rain Thursday or Friday.
 

Dawgpile

Senior
May 23, 2006
2,417
921
113
Oh joy! The newest track has the center of circulation coming right over my home in TN, and I'm surrounded by trees.
 

AleutianIslandawg

Sophomore
Oct 8, 2021
112
177
43
My company has a contract with the state of FL for storm water mitigation. We got the green light to deploy this morning and arrived in Panama City a few hours ago. Not sure what to expect, I'm along for the ride at this point. I did see one of the most beautiful sunsets tonight. Right now it's the epitome of "the calm before the storm." I'll take pics along the way 🤞
 

Boosh

Junior
Sep 14, 2017
307
352
63
Sunset was amazing tonight. This thing is going just west of our rooftop. Hoping for the best, which is it breaking up right as it hits land.
 

L4Dawg

All-American
Oct 27, 2016
11,840
8,301
113
So, NE MS on the Bama line, we desperately need rain. It is starting to look like we may not get much from this. Hopefully I’m wrong?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Msdeltareb

Xenomorph

Heisman
Feb 15, 2007
16,137
10,682
113
Anybody else surprised Bama/UGA is still on? I mean.. the official track puts Tuscaloosa in the eye of a tropical storm around 1 pm. EMS and LEO are going to be spread pretty thin in Alabama tomorrow..

IMG_2236.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,477
6,435
113
Wanted to mention our automated alert system one last time before everything hits the fan. Excellent way to get your business logo in front of thousands of eyes across the state. It automatically makes a post on our Facebook and X accounts any time a watch, warning, or advisory is issued. DM if interested becoming the sole sponsor for this.

IMG_2806.jpeg
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation