Tropical Depression 9

Arnept

Heisman
Nov 26, 2023
10,845
20,060
113
Is the NHC relying heavier on Google AI modeling over the traditional models on this one? The Google AI model run has this storm hitting more east around pensacola than the others from what I have seen.
Lots of comparisons between AI models and non AI models within the NWS/NHC right now internally. I don't think they're ready to put out a forecast with lots of input from an AI model quite yet.
 

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,454
6,405
113
Latest satellite imagery showing a huge explosion of storms around the center which is indicative of a strengthening system. Just me talking, but I expect this to be a hurricane in the next 4-6 hours tops. If it's not already.
 

eckie1

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2007
4,090
4,282
113
Some dipshìt filled up 9 cans of gas. God I hate these new people. We’ll run out of gas for a cat 2 and people that need to go to work will be struggling to find stations with gas. On another note, I felt bad bad for my neighbor that spent all day putting up Halloween decorations Thursday. They were putting them back up this afternoon.
Back when the hurricane hit Houston in 2017, I was at work when the gas hording started. I’d heard rumblings the night before, but didn’t go fill up. Back then I had a 90-mile round trip…

I went out at lunch to go find some gas and lines were either hundreds of yards long or there was no gas at the stations. My tank was low by then…. I told my boss I needed to head towards home and finish from there.

I got probably 10 miles from the office when my gas light came on. I finally found a spot 20 miles from my house but had to wait for every dipshit in their monster trucks to fill their tanks and huge gas cans. After 30 minutes of waiting I finally filled up….

And there wasn’t even a gas shortage. People can be so damn stupid.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,915
11,357
113
That is a big loss for the economy over there
They are building a 21 million dollar walking bridge so you can walk to Lulu’s from Tacky Jacks because sometimes one fine dining experience needs followed by another fine dining experience. They can afford it! ******
 
  • Haha
Reactions: HailStout

Wesson Bulldog

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2015
1,930
2,278
113
Back when the hurricane hit Houston in 2017, I was at work when the gas hording started. I’d heard rumblings the night before, but didn’t go fill up. Back then I had a 90-mile round trip…

I went out at lunch to go find some gas and lines were either hundreds of yards long or there was no gas at the stations. My tank was low by then…. I told my boss I needed to head towards home and finish from there.

I got probably 10 miles from the office when my gas light came on. I finally found a spot 20 miles from my house but had to wait for every dipshit in their monster trucks to fill their tanks and huge gas cans. After 30 minutes of waiting I finally filled up….

And there wasn’t even a gas shortage. People can be so damn stupid.
Happens every time. Hell there were people doing that crap in Brookhaven yesterday. Brookhaven! The five or six trucks I saw were all from Lincoln County.
 
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22 and eckie1

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,612
7,377
113
We went to Starkville for the game last weekend and were supposed to come back home today. Mrs stayed in North Ms but I came down today to batten down the hatches, headed back to North Ms tomorrow afternoon. I have a home on wheels, no reason to tempt fate.
That's what I did during Michael.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,673
12,191
113

Tom Hanks Hello GIF
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,454
6,405
113
For those of you that donated to our team today I wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Funding has been tight lately and your generosity was very welcomed.

For businesses, one of the things I mentioned that was available for sponsorship was our automatic alert system that automatically makes a post to our Facebook and X accounts. The image below is the graphic from our latest alert that went out when the storm became a hurricane. You can see where your business logo would be displayed. So far, all of our alert posts dealing with this tropical system are averaging over 10,000 views each so far. Smallest view count was around 6,500 with the highest over 22,000. These alerts are posted anytime there is a watch, warning, or advisory issued anywhere in MS and some of the border counties in the neighboring states. If you think this might be of interest to you, shoot me a DM.

7cdb18bd76295abce788f8d372989e62.png
 

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,454
6,405
113
7:00am update and no change. Winds still at 80 and forecast landfall is Gulf Shores. Track looks to correct back over the northeast part of the state so the eastern part of the state will see the highest impacts from the storm. I could see scattered power outages up to Meridian being a possibility and then just heavy rain and gusty winds further north and east of I-55. If the center comes into MS then anywhere east of that would have some degree of a tornado threat.
 

Xenomorph

Heisman
Feb 15, 2007
16,130
10,677
113
If ESPN will agree to going on the air with Gameday from Tuscaloosa only 7 hours after a hurricane has landed in Mobile I will agree to overlook Pat Mcafee and tune in to watch.

IMG_2233.png
 

Awwhellnaw

Senior
Jun 29, 2017
945
703
88
Our food plots desperately need rain and this was probably our only chance for the foreseeable future. I suspect it will shift just enough east that central Landmass gets little to no rain. 😔
 

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,454
6,405
113
10:00am update: Winds have increased to 85mph. No change in forecast track. It appears to be pretty locked in now. Storm surge warnings for the MS coast which I don't really understand being on the west side of the center. Winds should be almost exclusively off shore.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darryl Steight

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,439
8,868
113
Our food plots desperately need rain and this was probably our only chance for the foreseeable future. I suspect it will shift just enough east that central Landmass gets little to no rain. 😔
Yes, i desperately need rain in Greenwood (planted in advance of the last forecast rain that was a nothing burger). There’s a projected slight jog west after landfall, hopefully we’ll get a little rain.
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,439
8,868
113
Yes, i desperately need rain in Greenwood (planted in advance of the last forecast rain that was a nothing burger). There’s a projected slight jog west after landfall, hopefully we’ll get a little rain.

I always look forward to this guys daily update. No hype and a lot of technical info.


Mike’s weather page gives me all the hurricane info I need, plus tons i don’t need.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,915
11,357
113
I was west of Foley Al this morning. Three gas stations all within a block. One was completely out of gas, pump nozzles cover, and a big sign saying no gas. Station number 2 had cars lined up out into the street. Station 3 had no cars. I assumed they were out but pulled in just to check. Filled up the truck and a five gallon can. Sometimes I just don’t understand the pack mentality b
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game