Didn’t have much at all to gain from playing them so no big deal.
Nonsense. I was told all our players needed innings, coachable moments, etc. against crappy competition, we had to honor the scheduled games, cancelling them would be a loser mentality, and so forth. I guess a lot of folks are going to be upset.
According to MSU Baseball twitter account.
I think outright cancelling them because “your RPI is bad so we don’t want to play you” is a little disrespectful to the other team that agreed to bus several hours to your ballpark so they could probably lose by 8-10 runs. That said, sometimes bad weather is not the worst thing when you’re scheduled to play one of those types of teams.
Maroon and White Football
Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
Maroon and White Football
"I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
Maroon and White Football
Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
Rivals Football Recruiting
Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
Maroon and White Football
Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou