I think this is a fair assessment. He is a good recruiter and a fair coordinator. UGA just sucked this year (by their standards) and Martinez is taking part of the fall. He is not an amazing hire, but I don't think he would be a terrible one either. If he can recruit and Mullen can move the football, then I think he'll do a solid overall job.Arch Dog said:Living in Atlanta I hear all things UGA. Seems like there are 2 things to keep in mind. One is that UGA's offense turned the ball over more than anyone else in the SEC, almost more than anyone else in the Country. That has to hurt the D stats bad. The second is that after high expectations and low output for the last two years someone had to be thrown under the bus. Some UGA fans were calling for Richt's head.
I'm not wowed but maybe with lessons learned and a fresh start, our support staff, maybe we could maintain a top 25 Defense? I've also heard he is a crazy good recruiter. Possibly could bring some top talent with him? Has to be better than Torbush?
It would be like Fulmer's exit....TR said:Are you saying Martinez paid the price for the offense being so ****** -- and UGA's offense was Croomtastic -- but the guy is still a good coach?
Maroon and White Baseball
"This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
Maroon and White Basketball
Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
Maroon and White Football
"Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
Maroon and White Basketball
Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
Rivals Football Recruiting
WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list